MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/04/2018 11:56 PM  #1

OWL CREEK TABLE MATCH!

The Owl Creek Table Match was a hoot! ("fun" intended!). 
First I would like to thank my wife for putting up with this nervous guy! She also helped me with the chili and getting the food straightened out for the noon and evening meals!
I need to thank the shooters for all their help! It was a crazy day! Slight breezes up to 38mph gust that occasionally  blew my target frames over and the 84º temperatures on Wednesday and light rain and 63º on Thursday. Only 3 shooters braved the cold wet Thursday. 
I would also like to give a very big thank you to David and Bill for being my legs and being my "go to men"! Anytime something needed to be done they were there! Beside this they fried the fish and "taters" Wednesday evening. Not many stayed and they missed a fine meal!
There were 9 shooters registered and these guys came to shoot and did they ever shoot! I would also like thank them for all their hard work and dedication for hanging in there! I learned a lot and things will go smoother next time.
The match was a 10 shot match with money paid to the tightest X each match and the short string and tightest X of all the matches.

Short strings  ------------
1st. -- R.  Brinkman --  3.133"
2nd.-- D.  Brandenburger -- 3.179"
3rd. -- C. King -- 4.074"

Tightest X -- D. Brandenburger -- .042" 

Most of the shooters drove a long way to be there!, 3 and 4 hour drives and one drove 7 hours! Thank you all!

Sorry I got so long winded ---- Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

10/05/2018 6:27 AM  #2

Re: OWL CREEK TABLE MATCH!

Thanks for hosting this match, John. I had a good time, even if too many shots strayed off the X. I’d like to come back again when the weather is cooler and I can stay longer.
Chile and dogs were great!
Chuck

10/05/2018 7:47 AM  #3

Big John,

Had a great time at the Owl Creek Table Shoot. It was a pleasure to meet you. I enjoyed meeting y'all and being able to put some faces to names I have seen on this site.

The wind and the sun made Wednesday's shoot a challenge but everybody hung in there and we had a good shoot. Thursday morning's shoot was indeed cool and a little damp but it was fun. 

Like Chuck said, the hot dogs and chili for lunch was good, but the fried fish,fried potatoes and the cole slaw were great for supper.

Thanks to you, your wife and your crew and to all of the shooters who came to shoot. It was a great time and I'm glad I made the trip.

Let me know when you have the next one !!

Carl

10/05/2018 8:58 AM  #4

Okawbow wrote:

Thanks for hosting this match, John. I had a good time, even if too many shots strayed off the X. I’d like to come back again when the weather is cooler and I can stay longer.
Chile and dogs were great!
Chuck

Thanks Chuck! Yes the sun and "breeze's were terrible but you all shot well for the conditions!
Big John

Will Rogers

10/05/2018 9:30 AM  #5

cking wrote:

Big John,
Had a great time at the Owl Creek Table Shoot. It was a pleasure to meet you. I enjoyed meeting y'all and being able to put some faces to names I have seen on this site.
Carl the putting faces with names on here was great! Good bunch of guy's!

The wind and the sun made Wednesday's shoot a challenge but everybody hung in there and we had a good shoot. Thursday morning's shoot was indeed cool and a little damp but it was fun.
It was cool indeed! I heard the weather man say there was a 32º swing in the temperature from Wed. to Thursday morning and add the light rain and it was cold!! Y'all impressed me at shooting them 3" circles at 60 yrds. for the first time. I don't think but 1 shot strayed outside the circle! Good shooting with no practice and sights set up for 30 yrd. shooting!
Like Chuck said, the hot dogs and chili for lunch was good, but the fried fish,fried potatoes and the cole slaw were great for supper.
I really can't thank my wife, David and Bill enough for all they helped with. Glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks to you, your wife and your crew and to all of the shooters who came to shoot. It was a great time and I'm glad I made the trip.Let me know when you have the next one !!      Carl

Thanks to you for making such a long trip and spending two days with us! I really enjoyed meeting you and all the rest of the shooters. I learned a lot from you and the shooter's and will try and use the suggestions in the next match.
I forgot to thank the most important man of the match! Thanks to Richard for doing all the scoring during the matches and the final tally at the end! I can't thank you enough!!
Big John

Will Rogers

10/05/2018 9:45 AM  #6

cking wrote:

Big John,
Carl the putting faces with names on here was great! Good bunch of guy's!

It was cool indeed! I heard the weather man say there was a 32º swing in the temperature from Wed. to Thursday morning and add the light rain and it was cold!! Y'all impressed me at shooting them 3" circles at 60 yrds. for the first time. I don't think but 1 shot strayed outside the circle! Good shooting with no practice and sights set up for 30 yrd. shooting!
I really can't thank my wife, David and Bill enough for all they helped with. Glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks to you, your wife and your crew and to all of the shooters who came to shoot. It was a great time and I'm glad I made the trip.Let me know when you have the next one !!      Carl

Thanks to you for making such a long trip and spending two days with us! I really enjoyed meeting you and all the rest of the shooters. I learned a lot from you and the shooter's and will try and use the suggestions in the next match.
I forgot to thank the most important man of the match! Thanks to Richard for doing all the scoring during the matches and the final tally at the end! I can't thank you enough!!
Big John

Will Rogers

10/05/2018 10:07 AM  #7

I can't figure out why it's making some of my post double up. I guess it's the way I'm backing out of the site. I'm gonna try something different this time. Sorry for the double!!

Big John

Will Rogers

10/05/2018 11:15 AM  #8

Sounds like everyone had a good time and did some fine shooting. 
Mark

10/05/2018 4:52 PM  #9

Thank you Big John for putting on this match I got to meet and make some new friends and to shoot with some great competition! I hope that we can do this again sometime.

RB

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

Board footera