MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/15/2018 7:38 PM  #1

Reminder - Table Shoot -Saturday, June 23- Morehead

Kentucky's Corps of Longriflemen will host the 4th Annual Wayne Jenkins Memorial Table Shoot on June 23, 2018 at the Kentucky Longrifles range in Morehead, Ky.

Starting time will be at 12:00 Noon. Standard 10 shot match. Winner will be determined by shortest string measurement.  $20 entry fee. Standard open match rules will apply. Traveling trophy will be awarded to the winner.
70% payback with 30% going to the Disabled American Veterans in Wayne's name.

Put it on your calendar now.

Hot Dogs, chips and drinks will be ready about 11:00 am.

Come join us if you can.

6/15/2018 10:39 PM  #2

Re: Reminder - Table Shoot -Saturday, June 23- Morehead

Sure would like to participate but it won't happen this weekend. A few of our shooters have expressed an interest of venturing east just to meet and shoot with you fellows. Hopefully later in the fall.
Weather forecast for here is high in upper 90's with a heat index of 107 or so for next Saturday. Ya'll stay hydrated and shoot well. It will be interesting to see the scores.

On another note, the plumbing problem at our club I think is solved. We had it pumped out today so we have to see how things act for the next few days. I hate to schedule a table match in July so will watch the weather and make a decision soon. It will be during the week days, the club is pretty much booked up for the weekends. A lot of muzzleloading shooting taking up the weekends also. Territorials and MOHA shoots almost every weekend somewhere in the state. 
Shoot well!

Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

6/18/2018 12:04 PM  #3

Big John,

The heat has been very oppressive here and the heat index has been up around 103-105 for the last several days.

It's more like August here rather than June.

I like the idea of a midweek shoot as there is so much already scheduled for the weekends as is.

Have you guys ever shot a 50-60 yard table shoot? We have talked about but not got it done yet. A lot of our table shooters are chunk gun shooters so it might be a neat thing to try.

Hope you have your plumbing issues resolved.Not good when the water won't flow.

Keep us posted, keep shooting.

Carl

6/18/2018 11:13 PM  #4

Hi there Carl …..
Yeah, same here! Sure was disappointing to go from winter to summer with about 5 or 6 days of spring!

The shoot will be 1 day if you guy's don't get to come up but if you do we'll shoot 2 days during the week and have a 25yrd. match, a 60 yard match and maybe throw in a couple of other things. There'll be enough shooting so bring extra lead!! 
Think about what might suit ya'll better. Wed/Thursday or a Thursday/Friday. I'll be talking with you about that.

I think the plumbing problem is solved. It was a 300 gal. fuel barrel and has been in there about 13/14 years. We had it pumped and it seems to be draining fine now. It worked well when we had 20 or so members but now we're approaching 60 and the place gets a lot more use. 

We are supposed to be getting a little relief from the heat and some good chances of rain this coming week. I'll try to herd it your way!
Big John

Will Rogers

6/18/2018 11:14 PM  #5

Hi there Carl …..
Yeah, same here! Sure was disappointing to go from winter to summer with about 5 or 6 days of spring!

The shoot will be 1 day if you guy's don't get to come up but if you do we'll shoot 2 days during the week and have a 25yrd. match, a 60 yard match and maybe throw in a couple of other things. There'll be enough shooting so bring extra lead!! 
Think about what might suit ya'll better. Wed/Thursday or a Thursday/Friday. I'll be talking with you about that.

I think the plumbing problem is solved. It was a 300 gal. fuel barrel and has been in there about 13/14 years. We had it pumped and it seems to be draining fine now. It worked well when we had 20 or so members but now we're approaching 60 and the place gets a lot more use. 

We are supposed to be getting a little relief from the heat and some good chances of rain this coming week. I'll try to herd it your way!
Big John

Will Rogers

Board footera