MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/19/2018 9:25 PM  #1

Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. May 19

As always, thanks to everybody that came to shoot with us. We had people from at least 4 states: Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, and West Virginia.  I believe Steve L. made the longest trip down.  The weather wasn't perfect, but we got done with only a few sprinkles.  The flood didn't come until people were leaving.  

Carolyn was out of town, so Steve did the cooking (with a few instructions and prep done before Carolyn left) and did a bang up job grilling brats and dogs and setting out several sides.  Sterling brought some delicious black walnut brownies, also.  Steve also collected targets and scored with me, and Archie served as range officer despite a bum knee.

12 Shooters participated and the top five strings were:
Bobby G. 2.1060
Carl K. 2.5190 
Bill D. 3.1540
Don R. 3.6840
Dave C. 3.7060 

The competition was brutal and everyone was shooting well.  Aside from the top 5 being under 4", 9 shooters' strings were under 5" and the string of best X's from each match only adds up to 1.164".  I think there probably would have been 10 strings under 5", except that one of the shooters lock tumbler on his rifle broke.  Also, Jeanette was at Ft. Logan, Archie didn't feel up to shooting with his knee hurt, and Steve was helping me score, so there could have been even more.  It is great to see everybody really pushing their limits constantly.  Maybe they are looking to win that strap ?

Bobby G. started the match with his customary humility (for lack of a better word) and proceeded to teach another class in table shooting.  He was very close to breaking the 2" barrier.  7 of his shots were under 0.25", most well under, and none was over 0.5".  Carl was right behind Bobby and actually had 8 under 0.25", but a couple of "wide shots" cost him.  Bill D. finished in third at just over 3" (is it just me or is the competition getting a little rough ?), but he won the silver eagle for best X with 0.0410 in match 10, no less, then turned around and won the 50 yard pot shot with a spider!

All in all, today was a memorable and fun shoot to be involved with, and we really appreciate everyone that came!

As always, comments and criticism welcome.  

Last edited by barton (5/19/2018 9:29 PM)

5/20/2018 8:00 AM  #2

Re: Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. May 19

Great scores!
I wish it didn’t take almost 5 hours for me to drive there.

Chuck

5/20/2018 10:01 AM  #3

>>>The competition was brutal and everyone was shooting well.<<<

​Looks like you fellows are getting the basic's down pat!
Great shooting going on there!

Thanks barton for the excellent report. 

​Looks like the shoot I had planned in June may be delayed because of plumbing problems at the club house. It will take place as soon as that's resolved. Stay tuned!

Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

5/20/2018 1:46 PM  #4

Okawbow wrote:

Great scores!
I wish it didn’t take almost 5 hours for me to drive there.

Chuck

In the future, if it makes a difference, we have camping sites and other options possible with enough notice to prepare.  I know that doesn't make the drive shorter, but it can help to split the misery over a couple of days rather than one.  If anyone is ever interested but in a similar situation, send me a pm or e-mail a week or so before a shoot and we'll work something out.

5/21/2018 9:57 PM  #5

Barton
​      Like reading your shoot reports,looks like Bobby G., Bill D. and Dave C. used the Indiana state 
​shoot as a warn up for the Bryan Station shoot.

Dick

Board footera