MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/11/2018 7:49 PM  #1

Tork Shoot 2019

How many are in favor of having the shoot a month later next year? Say 4/27/19? It should be warmer at least, dryer????? Your vote would be appreciated. Your comments, also.
Well someone had to ask.

4/11/2018 8:22 PM  #2

Re: Tork Shoot 2019

That would be ok for me. It is during turkey season, however, so might conflict with some.

4/12/2018 8:28 AM  #3

obviously a question to be reckoned with but only after careful consideration of the fact that the shooting season, as well as turkey season, will be well underway. Consideration and research would have to be done regarding other shoots around the country. This date has been established for a long time and many people plan vacations, time off work and other family functions around this date. A lot of factors to be considered.
Mark

4/12/2018 7:28 PM  #4

Chasing weather is a crap shoot at best.It can rain in late April just as easily as late March.I'm sure there are clubs who schedule their shoots around the York and causing them problems never works out well.I'd like to see a breakdown of the weather the last many years at the York. I'm guessing thew good outweighs the bad.

4/12/2018 10:11 PM  #5

Yep the rain sucked this year, but last year was nice. April Im less likely to be able to make it due to the growing season being started

4/14/2018 10:04 AM  #6

I've only missed 4 or 5 York shoots but the majority of shoots that I have attended have had decent weather the day of the shoot. I vote to leave the shoot date as is. 

4/14/2018 11:42 AM  #7

well....everyone has to compete under the same conditions.

slacker

4/15/2018 5:38 AM  #8

No....
They don't. Not by a long shot. Weather conditions...rain and especially wind can vary dramatically between early morning and later afternoon. Nothing can be done about that, but everyone doesn't compete "under the same conditions". If it's a big enough concern...make the relay assignment random.  When you arrive and sign in, management flips a coin...heads...you shoot in the first relay, tails...the second. 
Just a thought.

4/15/2018 3:25 PM  #9

Don has a good point, I have been there when there has been a major weather change from morning to afternoon. Whether or not the date changes the order of shooting may be something to consider. I'm certain the powers that be will take it under advisement.
Mark

4/15/2018 9:54 PM  #10

I know that with my eyes and the fact that I am not a rifle shooter It does not matter when or on what part of the line I shoot. I enjoy being able to be a part of the event.  Those that can shoot and understand reading the wind and light had best be paying attention to the forcast as to shooting first or second.

4/16/2018 6:12 PM  #11

Good evening everyone
I am the match director for the Sergeant Alvin C York Memorial shoot. This particular subject was brought up to me, at the shoot this year. I have done some research and tapped my memory. I have also spoken with the event director on this subject. I have also spoken with a number of shooters. After due consideration and a lengthy discussion the event director, He and myself have decided, that the fourth Saturday in March has served us well for 26 years now. And that for reasons stated above. For example many people over many years have scheduled several events around this particular shoot. And as one particular shooter mention to me it doesn't matter if you have it on the 4th of July you can still get rain. We do not believe that it would be conducive to attendance to move the shoot. I therefore we'll make the announcement first here on this board. The 2019 Sergeant Alvin C York Memorial shoot will be held Saturday March 23rd 2019. And for the foreseeable future will be continued on the 4th Saturday in March. With the exception of those years when Easter would fall on that weekend.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

4/17/2018 6:07 AM  #12

Thanks Robin.
Your rapid, efficient resolution of this question is in everyone's best interest.

Board footera