MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/26/2018 10:22 PM  #1

Missouri Shooter ... again.

Hello to everyone again.
I've been through a lot since my last visit about 17 months ago. 
​Things started out with the death of a daughter, then put a bovine valve in my heart, getting shots in both knees for lubrication purposes, then a pace maker to speed things up! Also built a new "shouse" to move in away from steps!
​Things are 300% better now!
I'm feeling like shooting again! Just before all the problems I did manage to put on a couple of table shoots at the club, That's now back on the drawing board for this year.
Things are shaping up!
​I won't wear out your eyes much more. The wife tells me I ramble to much anyway!
Sure is nice to be back!!
​Big John in the Kingdom of Callaway!

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

3/27/2018 8:40 AM  #2

Re: Missouri Shooter ... again.

Big John
      Good to have you back glad things are going better for you.

Dick

3/27/2018 10:26 AM  #3

Great to see you back I hope that you get that Table Match going again!

Richard

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

3/28/2018 12:33 AM  #4

I guess you know I can't put these shoots on without your and Red's help! 
I'll be in contact and we'll get something for late April then May and June worked out. I think since most of us don't have a job anymore (haha) we could pull these shoots off on a weekday. Think about it.
Big John in the Kingdom of Callaway!

Will Rogers

3/28/2018 12:56 AM  #5

dickh wrote:

Big John
      Good to have you back glad things are going better for you.

Dick

Thanks Dick! I feel better now than I've felt in 4 years! Is'n modern medicine great!
Big John in the Kingdom of Callaway.

Will Rogers

3/28/2018 7:28 PM  #6

Hey john
Glad to hear things are better if it wasn't for you and don smith and the guys that shot
I would have never became so obsessed with black powder I'm still not an off hand guy
But I've spent many years at the bench looking for that magic load
Come to Charlie's sometime and shoot with us
Paul

3/29/2018 12:52 AM  #7

hortonstn1 wrote:

Hey john
Glad to hear things are better if it wasn't for you and don smith and the guys that shot
I would have never became so obsessed with black powder I'm still not an off hand guy
But I've spent many years at the bench looking for that magic load
Come to Charlie's sometime and shoot with us
Paul

[size=100]Hi there Paul!
​Thanks for the kind words. I miss Don Smith! He was a wealth of information and got me and my father-in-law to shooting at Charlie's. Fun to be around and a very very good friend.
​I had to give up the off hand shooting when I started having knee problems. I just can't get around on that rough ground like I used to. Now my shooting shoulder has arthritis so bad it's almost impossible to hold up that old 13# Bill Large rifle anymore. I can shoot the table shoot I think and you ought to try that also. I'll let you know about the one's coming up when all the dates are set. It's quite challenging. 
​I was by Charlie's a couple of months ago when me and the wife was Sunday road tripping but it was late in the evening and there weren't but a couple of pickups on the lot so I didn't stop. I'll try to get down there soon. Miss those "hey guy" from Charles!
​Trying to get my equipment rounded back up. It sure can get scattered in a couple of years!

Big John in the Kingdom!

[/size]

Last edited by Big John (3/29/2018 12:55 AM)

Will Rogers

3/29/2018 2:23 PM  #8

Welcome back sorry to hear about the hard times. It's always good to see somebody returned with a positive attitude.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

3/30/2018 8:57 AM  #9

MMprwarner wrote:

Welcome back sorry to hear about the hard times. It's always good to see somebody returned with a positive attitude.

​Thanks Robin. Always good to feel better after a few problems.
I'm hoping to have a couple of table shoots this year. There's a dollar bill out there with my name on it that I need to win back!

Big John in the Kingdom of Callaway.

Will Rogers

4/01/2018 2:13 PM  #10

Ha! Ha! Better practice up they ain't going to come easy You know that Mary has a table rifle now? Look out world!
RB

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

4/02/2018 7:36 AM  #11

rhbrink wrote:

Ha! Ha! Better practice up they ain't going to come easy You know that Mary has a table rifle now? Look out world!
RB

​Good morning! Glad to see you back at your "puter"!
​Thorp has my dollar so I need to sneak a short string up on him.
​I'm glad to see Mary enjoying this table shooting. Some days she was tough to beat on the off-hand matches. Makes me happy to see her shoot well. Bring them on!

Big John

Will Rogers

Board footera