MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/17/2018 5:05 PM  #1

Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. March 17

As always, thanks to everybody that came to shoot with us.  It was especially fun to see folks we hadn’t seen all winter. Despite the often dire weather forecasts earlier in the week, we had almost perfect weather for a match today.

Carolyn cooked up a bunch of delicious food, pulled pork, ham and beans, her special slaw, corn muffins, and other goodies.  To put the icing on the cake Gale brought some of her nationally famous banana pudding, which I was smart enough to dig into early (it disappears fast).  I found out later that Sterling brought the brownies, too!  I would have violated my no-dessert rule a second time in one day if I'd known.  Steve shot and ran match, while I scored, etc., and kept things going slow .

11 Shooters participated and the top five strings were:
Bob G           2.7470
Carl K           3.2280
Jeanette H    3.4010
Don R           3.4930
Bo C             3.7750

Bobby was back with a vengeance after some obviously successful eye surgery and dealing with some other issues over the fall and winter.  We were all happy to see him doing so well!  Carl showed that practice all winter keeps you running with the head of the pack. Though she had a couple of shots later in the match that set her back, Jeanette did just fine for herself, also, winning the Silver Eagle (aka Archie Dollar) for Best X with and incredible (barely measurable) 0.002" and then beating Bobby by a fraction of an inch to take the 50 yard potshot prize. 

We also announced the seasons prize for best shooter in 2018:  A beautiful horn strap made and donated by Sterling. If you know his work, it is really art. This one has lettering woven into it to say “Aim Small Miss Small : Bryan Station Table Match”.  Thanks Sterling! The prize will be awarded to the shooter with the shortest aggregate string for his(or her!) three best finishes this year at Bryan Station Table Match. 

As always, comments and criticism welcome.  

NOTE(20 March 2018):  An apparently simple inquiry from one of the shooters resulted in the discovery that one relay was incorrectly recorded on the computer.  This is not the first time such a thing has happened, but it is the first time that I know of that the problem wasn't detected and corrupted the results.  My fault, as I had gotten into a hurry and bypassed a couple of safeguards, probably thinking, what are the chances this relay is going to have problems...or something of the sort.  Luckily, we have redundant records, so it was not irrecoverable, just embarassing.  As a result, I am updating this report with the corrected strings and rankings. 

I apologize for the error.  Everyone's string changed to some amount.  Since these strings are on the record for the Horn Strap, I would like them to be correct.  If your string is not listed here the top 5, contact me online or at the next shoot and I'll give you the updated string.  If anyone feels this is the wrong way to handle the situation, please let me know.  I will make "restitution" to those adversely affected by the erroneous rankings at the next match.

I would also like to re-iterate that we always have a contest period where the targets are available and shooters are welcome to look over their measurements and check them against our records.    

Last edited by barton (3/21/2018 4:40 PM)

3/17/2018 7:44 PM  #2

Re: Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. March 17

Sounds like you had a good shoot. Good scores too. Congrats to everyone.

3/19/2018 5:56 PM  #3

Another great table shoot down in the Bluegrass. Great way to start the season.

Absolutely beautifull day, 60's, mostly sunny and calm to light breezes.

Really great food(loved the cole slaw) and conversation and best of all 11 great competitors that came ready to compete as can be seen by the scores.

Thanks to all that made it happen.

And yes the Northern KY boys stopped at Dairy Queen on the way home for a delicious ice cream treat and to discuss the shoot. Got to keep our tradition going. 🤗🤗🤗🤗

3/23/2018 7:59 AM  #4

Carl,
Sounds like your March shoot was one more success to add to the books. Also sounds like you have handled the problem well, I can't see a concern. Look forward to seeing everyone soon.
Mark

Board footera