MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/11/2017 7:08 PM  #1

Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. Nov. 11

Today's match started off cold and clear outside, but with a warm cabin full of good food.  Carolyn's cooking shined in the weather, with ham and beans, the best taco soup I've ever come across, corn muffins and fixins, probably even more than I cant recall exactly, but I ate it, and it was all good .  Steve ran the match and helped score.  I scored and entered.  It did warm up considerably by the end of the match, and aside from temperature being a bit brisk in the morning, conditions were good for a shoot.

As always, thanks to everyone that came; we had folks from Kentucky, West Virginia and Ohio.  Steve L. made the longest drive again.  We all missed Bobby G., but think he made the right decision to take it a little easy.  

10 shooters participated and the top 5 strings were:
Jeanette H. 3.1570
Archie H. 3.5690
Bo C. 3.8020
Steve L. 4.2650
Carl K. 4.4280

In fact, 9 of 10 strings were under 6", so everyone was shooting good, but most dramatic (numerically, anyhow) competition was between Archie and Jeanette, as they were within a hair of each other all through the match, and I thought at one point they both might finish in the twos.  They both placed at least 3rd in six matches, but Jeanette had 3 firsts and finished just a little stronger.  Maybe after she gets a few more matches under her belt, Jeanette will get the hang of it !

The Silver Eagle for best X went to Sterling M. with a really nice spider at 0.0215".   Bo C. donated a can of powder and a good bit of ticking as a consolation prize for "second best x", and that went to his accomplice Carl K, at 0.0530.  Just looking at the numbers, there appears to be more difference between the two than it looked in person!  

Dan B. won the 50 yard "pot shot" match, which was also quite closely contested this time!  

As always, comments and criticism welcome. 

11/11/2017 7:27 PM  #2

Re: Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. Nov. 11

It was such a fun shoot today and seeing everyone, I wasn't even thinking in my write-up that this was the last shoot of the year for us.  Thank you all for a great year of table matches at Bryan Station, and I look forward to seeing you all again in the spring, if not sooner.  Enjoy the holidays and hunting and other winter fun with your families and keep in practice when you can!

Board footera