MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/05/2017 5:30 PM  #1

Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. August 5

As always, thanks to everyone that came.  Today's shoot featured unseasonably cool weather and insanely hot competition!  Great meal of brats and dogs, potato salad, baked beans, and more thanks to Steve and Carolyn (even though they both are under the weather); Steve ran the match and collected targets, Jeanette helped with the signups and prizes, and I scored.

12 shooters participated, and the top 5 strings were:
1, Don R. 2.6990  
2. Sterling M. 2.7020  
3. Bo C. 2.8630  
4. Bob G. 2.8770 
5. Carl K, 3.2120
Yes, four shooters under 3".  The next two shooters in 6th and 7th places, Ken L. and Archie H. were still under 4"!  That is: more than half the shooters in the match shot under 4 inches.

The Silver Eagle for best X went to Carl K at 0.068".

Sterling M. took the prize on the 50 yard "pot shot" match (one practice and one record shot) with a spider at 0.102".  That was impressive!

As the scorer, I would like to ask you guys to ease up a bit and shoot some longer strings .  Those constant close ones are a real pain, and I really hate to think how easy it would be to mess them up.  I hope everybody left happy.  It was a great day to be out, and we appreciate everyone who came to shoot with us.

As always, comments and criticism welcome.

Last edited by barton (8/05/2017 5:34 PM)

8/05/2017 8:47 PM  #2

Re: Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. August 5

Had a great time shooting with some great shooters and friends. Thanks for holding the shoot for us.

8/05/2017 10:59 PM  #3

Barton,

As always, you and the gang at Bryan Station put on an excellent event and oh what a wonderfull day weather wise for a shoot.

Food was great, a little time for some good conversation before the shoot and then a really fine exhibition of table shooting as can be seen by the scores that were posted.

Had a great time and thanks to all that made it happen and to all of the shooters that made the shoot today a great competition.

Carl

8/06/2017 6:57 PM  #4

You fellows have got me convinced that I need to stay away from from your shoots!! Amazing shooting, 4 shooters under 3" and a few more under 4".  Either you boys have something in the water down there or the stars were aligned just perfectly. I may come down just for some lessons. Fantastic shooting by everyone it sounds like, congratulations. 
Mark

8/06/2017 9:15 PM  #5

Mark,

The only good thing that comes out of the water down here is the bourbon so I don't think thats it but you may be on the right track about the star thing. 😄😄😄😄😄

It's a tuff day when you shoot in the very low 3's and you finish in the middle of the pack but when you look at the names of the shooters on the roster you know you had better have brought your A game if you were going to win any of the matches.

I firmly believe that you tend to rise to the occasion and if you are surrounded by good shooters you will inevitably concentrate more on all of the details you need to make a good shot.

It was just one of those days when everybody was very relaxed, all were glad to see one another, enjoy some great food, enjoy some light conversation before the shoot started and then get focused when the shoot commensed.

It's a really fun group of guys to be around that just happen to be really good shots.

Or it could just be the stars and planets aligning up just right.😊

Hope you came make it down one of these days. We're always looking for another good shot to join in.

Carl

8/07/2017 4:07 PM  #6

Mark,

It is a decent range and setup, but mostly the guys that shot are ALL capable of shooting like that.  Of the top 8, every one of them has shot in the twos, iirc, so it could have been 8 under 3".  And they did it while yacking and cutting up (but safely), too. 

I may have precipitated the flurry with my remarks in another thread about breaking 2 inches.  At least one gentleman informed me he was going to do it Saturday, and he was only half joking I think after seeing the result. 

I've shot with all these guys and never had a better time, even though I'm not in their league.  Thrilling just to steal a match x or two when possible .  Like Carl said, people rise to the occasion!  Come on down, you might shoot in the twos or not, either way, we'll do our best to make sure you have a good lunch and a good time.

Carl and Ken,
Thanks for the comments.  Always happy to have you all.

8/07/2017 6:05 PM  #7

Only kidding about the intimidation, I'm used to blowing a good group. I'll show up in of these days.
Mark

Board footera