MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/23/2017 8:20 PM  #1

Kentucky State Table Shoot Championship - July 22 - Morehead, KY

10 shooters showed up to brave the heat and the oppressive humidity and compete for the top spot and that $100 for the best X of the day.
The shoot went off with out a hitch and at a steady rhythm under range officer Dennis Human.
Top 5 shooters were:
1. Bob Grim - 3.232"
2. Sterling Martin - 3.386"
3. Archie Hillard - 3.401"
4. Carl King - 3.724"
5. Bo Courtney - 3.912"

Dennis Human, Don Ross, Bob Redding, Walt Rybka and Tony Nienaber were the other 5 shooters.

Half of the shooters shot strings less than 4" so the competition was very keen from start to finish. As always a great bunch of guys to shoot with.

Best X of the day went to Bo Courtney with a 0.047"  There were 3 x's shot that were less than .100"

Thanks to Dennis Winburn, John Jayne and Ken Lutes for taking care of the sign in, the scoring and the payout at the end. And an extra thanks to Dennis Winburn for an excellent pot of pinto beans and cornbread and to John Jayne for bringing some desserts that were enjoyed after the shoot.

Carl

Last edited by cking (7/23/2017 9:11 PM)

7/23/2017 10:18 PM  #2

Re: Kentucky State Table Shoot Championship - July 22 - Morehead, KY

Thanks for the report, Carl.  Sounds like a great shoot (I know most if not all of the accused and can't  imagine it wasn't fun) and excellent shooting by all.

7/24/2017 6:39 AM  #3

Barton,

Sure missed you and Steve Saturday. Understood prior commitments kept you from being there.

Was a good day and some very good targets posted from start to finish.

Looking forward to being down at Bryan Station on August 5 for y'alls shoot.

Carl

7/24/2017 7:56 AM  #4

Carl,
Sounds like everyone had a great time. Glad our weather didn't turn your way. I've got Xenia in my calendar but something is planned, family, for every shoot until Friendship. Hope to see everyone ASAP.
Mark

7/24/2017 12:16 PM  #5

Mark,

Summer is a very busy time for sure with family events, etc.and there are a lot of table shoots going on(4 in August that I know of) plus Friendship so there are lots of things to do.

I'm planning on going to the Xenia shoot on the 13th,hoping to bring Bo, Tony and Dan along. Always like going to a new place to shoot.

The gang at Morehead is a fun bunch to shoot with. Just about everyone is capabable of winning, their all serious about shooting well but not so serious that a little joking around gets in the way or bothers anyone.

So far everywhere I have been has been very much the same way. I'm sure glad this table shooting came along when it did. It's a great way to spend the day.

Carl

Last edited by cking (7/24/2017 12:17 PM)

7/24/2017 4:19 PM  #6

Carl,
Glad to hear you and the Ky bunch are coming to Xenia, look forward to spending the day with you.
Mark

Board footera