MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/18/2017 8:19 AM  #1

Small bore silhouette - anyone shooting it?

Anyone shooting small bore silhouette rifle at Friendship? I bought a traditions Crockett rifle in .32 and need to test it out and develop loads but was hoping to try the sport with this gun. Any thoughts?

"The first step in finding your game is getting some conviction. If you don’t have conviction your confidence can be corroded."  -  From The Movie "Seven Days In Utopia".

7/25/2017 6:17 PM  #2

Re: Small bore silhouette - anyone shooting it?

I have done it a few times.  A few tips; work on getting your loading time down including experimenting with pre-measured charges, loading blocks etc.  Also, the smaller calibers tend to foul up in the Friendship humidity so find a lube that you can cut down on cleaning in between shots.  Practice at the distances and getting your shots completed in time.  There are swingers and paper targets in the shape of the animals or just stick to bulls eye.  You might try some cardio work out too like race walking, running etc.  That will keep your heart rate down as you work through the match..  If you can find and NRA smallbore cowboy silhouette shoot nearby, it is a great way to practice with the same size targets with a 22 that you most likely already have.    Lastly sign up for a relay once you get to the range.  It is pretty popular and spots fill up fast.  Have fun!

7/26/2017 7:49 AM  #3

I know the distances of the targets, but what is the time limit duration? How long do I have for my shots?

"The first step in finding your game is getting some conviction. If you don’t have conviction your confidence can be corroded."  -  From The Movie "Seven Days In Utopia".

7/26/2017 2:59 PM  #4

5 minutes for each bank of anaimals with I think 2 minutes between banks to clean.  You start each bank loaded and wait for the range officer to give the command to fire and the clock starts.  If you haven't done so, go to nmlra.org and download the rule book and one of the shoot programs to find out more.

Board footera