MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/26/2017 8:32 AM  #1

Hello to everyone

I'm old enough to remember before replicas were available and we all shot original guns. Old guns were dirt cheap and muzzleloading was about the least expensive shooting we could do. There was at least one shoot somewhere in New England every weekend. I'm sorry that the interest in muzzleloading is on the wain. So, being a "old timer" I've owned and shot dozens of rifles over the years, I must have tried hundreds of home brew patch lubes and bore cleaners, tried about every brand of powder at least once, every brand of cap, and who knows how many different patch materials. And, although I don't shoot very much these days, I still enjoy messing around with new lube concoctions and new patch materials and working up best loads for the new combinations; always looking for the mythical "Most Accurate Load" that I know I'll never find. That's the fun for me still. I hope to meet you all some time on the forum- Good Shooting           IrishFritz

5/26/2017 6:59 PM  #2

Re: Hello to everyone

Hi Irish,
Welcome to the forum. I might be a little behind you, but not by much. Although I do shoot, I also collect Ohio made originals and shoot the ones that we deem to be safe. We all keep looking for that mythical one hole group and we have a few fellows who have come close, perhaps sharing some of our experiences, and yours, one of us will hit the jackpot. Look forward to talking with you again.
Mark

5/26/2017 10:13 PM  #3

Re: Hello to everyone

Welcome aboard. Maybe we can learn from your experience.

Board footera