MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/22/2017 4:49 PM  #1

Greetings from Nevada

Stumbled on this forum in researching muzzle loading round ball bench guns.  For years I had the idea of one day having a slug gun but $$ just didn't allow.  Last year I came up with a round ball gun made by Lloyd Resor in 1981.  It was not complete, having no sights and false muzzle has no locking devise.  Also it was stocked lefty which I have modified to accommodate my right handed approach.  Nevada is a wilderness when it comes to such a beast.  A 40 lb. muzzle loader just does not ring anyone's chimes around here.  Except me.  Anyway, I'd like a little input as to attaching sights to this hunk of iron.  I have a Redfield Olympic front sight and a Redfield # 75 receiver that look like they should work but getting the receiver sight mounted has me a bit puzzled.  Anyone here have knowledge on these big boys that can help me out?   Just for my own amusement but then again one of the NMLRA territorial matches might be interesting too.  Thanks,  Charlie Seelye

The reward of a thing well done is to have done it.

4/23/2017 8:32 PM  #2

Re: Greetings from Nevada

Charlie welcome aboard. We're trying to contact some folks out a little closer to you and see if we can't get you some help if not we will figure something else out there's lots of knowledge running around on this board. Mounting that particular type of sight is not a huge deal but it does require some Gunsmithing capabilities. So have a little patience with us and we'll see what we can get done. Robin

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

4/24/2017 6:58 PM  #3

Re: Greetings from Nevada

Hey Charlie there's a member of this board known as Kermit if we can get him to check in are you would like to private message him he kind of sort of lives out your direction and may know people that can give you some assistance

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

Board footera