MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/27/2017 10:03 AM  #1

Sgt. Alvin C York Memorial shoot results

Good morning ladies and gentlemen
 Monday morning about 10 minutes till 11 Eastern time back in the saddle at work with a few minutes on my hands. I give you the rundown on the Sgt. Alvin York event and leave you a link to the score sheet. The Lord blessed us with a beautiful day all the Alvin C York shoot other than the fact without the tents might blow away and all the paperwork with them. Things went pretty well. Congratulations to Tom Swigart for winning the silver anniversary edition of the Sgt. Alvin C York Memorial shoot. The competition was good shooters did great and I was really proud of the staff. I'm sure that I won't catch everyone, and I'm sure that I speak for Mel as well as myself. Kay Bratton ran a line wonderfully. Thanks to her and all the other Range officers that helped as soon as she sends me the list will be sure to get their names post. Thanks to my beautiful wife Londean and Judy Anderson and Annie Dean for keeping all the paperwork straight and the scores entered. My thanks to Jerry Middendorf who very patiently scored targets all day long along with some other part-time help in Ron Boron, Steve Hitebrink., Vivian Moore, Josh Miller, and a few others that I was probably too busy to notice. All in all they did a great job if you will follow the link below it will take you to the score sheet.     http://media.wix.com/ugd/7ff034_5e51109852fc462cbca0db55154163d0.pdf

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

3/27/2017 4:21 PM  #2

Re: Sgt. Alvin C York Memorial shoot results

Sorry I couldn't be there but it sounds as thought those who made it had a great time, as usual. From the results it looks like there was both some very good shooting and a few oops. Hope to make it next year and will look forward to seeing some of you at the table shoots.
Mark

3/27/2017 11:16 PM  #3

First time attending, my second chunk match. It was a learning experience for an old shot gun shooter. I enjoyed the whole event and hope to be back

3/28/2017 1:54 PM  #4

Just had the best pork loin ever! Best shooting prize I ever won.

Next year, I want to stop at the meat market that provided the prizes and buy a years supply!

3/28/2017 2:38 PM  #5

My meatloaf tasted like victory.  I was doing well for me until 7&8, where I let myself get rattled (wind makes me nervous in general, spend too much time with my mules, I suppose) and added 5" to my string .  I salute those who did well in the second relay;wind was brutal.

Great time and great shoot as always.

3/28/2017 2:51 PM  #6

My #7 was off the target also. # 8 was just on the edge. Most of the rest were in the black. I felt like I should have shot much better, but the wind was not only blowing hard, it often changed directions between the time I decided to sight and shoot, and when I pulled the trigger. One time my smoke blew left to right, the next time, it blew straight away.

Enjoyed the shoot very much however, and plan on next year already.

Board footera