MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2017 9:40 PM  #1

Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. March 11

Today was our first table shoot of the year.  As always, thanks for everyone that took the time to come and shoot with us.  It was cold, but not as miserable as had been predicted earlier in the week and those that showed up are hardened and dedicated shooters that scoff at weather, plus we took advantage of all the structures available. Steve's wife Carolyn served up a delicious meal of assorted brats, potato salad, baked beans, and more; Jeanette and I scored, and Steve got to shoot for a change, plus collected targets and ran the 50 yard mini-match.  A big thanks to Archie and Harold who were invaluable in helping make things comfortable over an extended area. 

9 shooters participated, and the top 5 strings were:
Carl K.       2.8890
Don R.       2.9910
Bobby G.   3.7400
Sterling M. 3.7870
Bo C.         5.1470

Congratulations, Carl!  That winter practice gave you the edge, but Don gave you a real run for your money.

The silver half dollar (donated by Bryan Station) for best X went to Bobby G., with 0.0650"; Sterling M. was just a tad behind with .0750'.  There were several good X's. Only one match was won with an X over 0.200, and a string of the best x's from each match would be only 1.356"!

Carl K. also took the 50 yard (one shot) match prize, beating out Bo C. by just a fraction of an inch.

I hope everyone had a good time (I know I did but I was comfy in the newly annexed scoring shed ), it was a pleasure to see you all after the break we took over the winter.  Next scheduled match is Sat. April 1.   As always, feedback welcome!   

PS. Here's an "action" photo:

And, here's a nice group photo:

Last edited by barton (3/11/2017 9:45 PM)

3/12/2017 7:47 AM  #2

Re: Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. March 11

Barton,

As always another great shoot at Bryan Station.

You have a great group of folks that work hard to see that all of us who come to shoot have an excellent event.

Before the shoot there is always time to enjoy some good food that the ladies prepare and lots of good comradery as we get ready to shoot.

The matches run smoothly and quickly and a good time is had by all. Lots of keen competion tempered with a lots of friendly comments and jabs as we all try to shoot our best.

While it was a cold day indeed, it was a great day to be out shooting with a great bunch of competitors.

Thanks to one and all,

Carl

3/12/2017 2:50 PM  #3

Those are some good strings, winter practice obviously payed off. The benches in your photo look like they were made to last. Would like to get to one of your shoots.
Mark

3/13/2017 12:18 PM  #4

Carl,
Thanks.  I appreciate the time it takes to give feedback, and it is extremely helpful to us.  The sport and you shooters make it fun and interesting: all we can do is try make it accessible and worthwhile for the participants! 

Mark,
Come on down and try those tables, then see what you think.  We'd love to have you.

3/15/2017 9:56 PM  #5

Looks like Bobby was giving Sterling the business over that silver dollar.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.-H. L. Mencken

Board footera