MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/07/2016 6:33 PM  #1

Where is everyone?

I've been working 60-70 hours out of town and haven't done much for a while but the site has been pretty quiet for a long time.  Some one say hello.
Mark

12/07/2016 6:45 PM  #2

Re: Where is everyone?

Hi Mark
I've put out a couple of posts hoping to see some replies but everyone seems to be still in a turkey stupor.

12/07/2016 8:07 PM  #3

We're still alive and well over here in Kentucky.

Still table shooting every week, weather permitting. Have installed an infared heater in the shooting shed, still need a few more electrical parts to get it wired in but hope it will warm us up enough to keep shooting through the winter.

We're still playing around with different powders, granulations and charges to find out what groups the best. Bo has a couple of guns he's trying to dial in for next year and I think a little practice at the table keeps you concentrating on hold, sight picture, trigger pull and follow through. And it's fun !!!!!

I need a refresher course in how to post photos to the forum so we can show what we're doing from time to time.

I'm having good results shooting 2F Olde Enysford and 2F Swiss in my .40 table gun. Using 70 grains of OE and 65 grains of Swiss and if I don't lose my concentration have been able to keep 9 shots in a 1"-1 1/4" hole. Seems like a lot of powder I know but it does seem to keep the shots more together.

I won't be able to make the Mid-Winter shoot but I think Bo and Dan will be there. I'm the new president of Kentucky's Corps of Longriflemen and our yearly board meeting for setting the new years calendar is always the first Saturday in January.

I've talked to the boys over at Morehead that hold the Wayne Jenkins Memorial Table Shoot and the are willing to do a 12:00 noon starting time so I hope that may make it easier for some of you Ohio and Indiana folks to attend. Will let you know the date when it's set. Most likely the 4th Saturday in June.

Okay,rambled enough. Keep warm and keep shooting.

Carl

12/08/2016 11:11 AM  #4

Just hunkering down here 16* and a strong North wind with a dusting of snow yesterday. We sort of died out on the Table Shooting last year but talking to some people everyone is fired up about getting started again. Big John is planning on getting match gong again too starting next March. Like cking I think that we will do a 12:00 start as that might give people a better chance to get around to come out to shoot and it gives us better light the way our range sets the early light can be rough and then it changes a lot through the morning and fast too!

​Following cking I'm the new president of our club too starting January 1, OH-BOY!! It only took Fort Osage Muzzleloaders 40 years to get me into this position I hope that they know what did?

Richard

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

Board footera