MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/12/2016 8:31 PM  #1

Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. November 12

As always, thanks for everyone that took the time to come and shoot with us.  It was a little chilly and gusty, but not bad for November!  Steve's wife Carolyn made chili and ham&beans, with cornbread to go with them.  I'm a big fan of her cooking, and she didn't disappoint with seasonal favorites!  Steve did RO and scoring, and I scored and entered.

11 shooters participated, and the top 5 were:

1) Jess C. 3.5650
2) Bobby G. 3.9400
3) Sterling M. 4.2200
4) Bo C. 4.3670
5) Harold M. 4.6180

Jess C. was a new name in my spreadsheets, but he better keep shooting, as he did quite well!  Bo is justified in being a proud father.

The silver dollar for best X went to Bo C., with 0.103".  There were lots of good X's in fact, and a string of the first x from each match would be only 1.789".

Archie H. and Jess C. tied for the 50 yard long shot match.  What are the chances?  We couldn't agree on which was the winner after multiple tries to measure, although we only differed in the thousandths!

As always, feedback welcome.  We have enjoyed everybody at this year's matches and hope to see you all next year, if not sooner!

11/12/2016 9:29 PM  #2

Re: Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. November 12

Sounds like you all had a good shoot. Sorry I missed it. Just flat out forgot it. Must be an old age thing. Congrats to the winners.

11/13/2016 3:14 PM  #3

Ken,

Sorry you didn't make it!  We also missed Don R. who had a family obligation. 

The support for this (type of) shoot has been humbling, and it is difficult to express just how much we appreciate the efforts of the shooters who make it happen.  My impression is that the sport is still growing, as we are steadily adding shooters at the local levels in addition to the superstars, many of whom are still forces to be reckoned with in chunk shooting as well. 

Anyway, almost glad for a winter break, but looking forward to seeing where things go next year.

11/13/2016 8:02 PM  #4

Barton,

Thanks to all of you at Bryan Station for another great shoot.

From the excellent food,the excellent range and the great group of folks that show up to shoot, y'all do a great job at putting on a table shoot.

Y'all make everyone from first timers to old veterans feel welcome and it's always a relaxed fun shoot.

We'll keep practicing this winter and be looking to another year of great shooting down at Bryan Station.

Thanks again to all of you.

Carl

11/13/2016 8:19 PM  #5

Barton,
Sounds like you all have got it put together. Haven't made one of your shoots, didn't make many this past season, but still want to try next year. Congratulations on not only a successful shoot but a successful season.
Mark

11/14/2016 10:47 AM  #6

thanks for the info.

slacker

Board footera