MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/27/2016 6:51 PM  #1

Morehead Table Shoot

The Morehead shoot was held today.10 shooters were in attendance.The match went smoothly and was completed by noon.Bob Grimm was the winner with a total of 2.735".Sterling Martin was 2nd with 3.817".A new twist was tried while the targets were being  scored.We each bought a target and posted it at 50 yds.The winner was decided by who had the closest shot to the x.The winner took the whole pot.The only negative thing was our friend Carl King couldn't attend.I would like to say to everyone that I really enjoy this form of shooting.It's easy to do and as challenging as the other types of shooting.The competition is fierce also.

If you give up on the process,you are giving up on the results.

8/27/2016 7:58 PM  #2

Re: Morehead Table Shoot

Sounds like you all had a good time and it went smoothly. Great! Sorry I couldn't make it today. Congrats to the winners. Thanks to all that help run it and the shooters who came out.

8/28/2016 3:48 AM  #3

Was that 50-yd shot taken at a standard "X" target standing alone, or placed behind the 30 yd spotter each contestant had been using in the Table competition...???
What I'm trying to ask is whether you were using the Table shoot procedure ( single point rest, spotter target, 3 shots on the spotter,etc.) at 50 yds. for the one-shot match, or just taking a shot at the 2" square on the std. "X" target.
Intriguing thought...thanks for sharing.

8/28/2016 8:14 AM  #4

Don E,

Hated to miss the table shoot yesterday at Morehead and a "chance" at beating you and Bob but Kentucky's Corps of Longriflemen had a Kentucky State Woods Walk Challenge going on yesterday also and I do enjoy a good Woods Walk.

Like you all I "enjoyed" the heat and humidity down in the woods.
They had a very challenging 19 shot Woods Walk. Had 13 shooters and it was won with 14 hits. I tied with a fellow at 13 hits but lost out on a tie breaker and finished third.

Don Steele,

If the 50 yds shot was done like we did it at Bryan Station Table Shoot last month, they put up their 30 yd. spotter, fired one shot for spot and then placed their x target behind it and shot 1 shot for score. We've talked about doing a regular table shoot(3 shots for group and 10-1 shot targets) at 50 yds just for something different once in a while to see how it would go.

Carl

Last edited by cking (8/28/2016 8:17 AM)

8/29/2016 4:27 AM  #5

Thanks Carl,
I like the idea of flexing the Table Shoot protocol occasionally when there's enough interest to try something else new.
As Mark and Robin have always told me...Keep it FUN. Most of us have a 50 yd range available and doing our shooting from a table at a spotter and "X" target for a 3-5 shot string score would be fun, and not require the kind of physical effort that would make it too difficult for our older friends. I can forsee something like that at one of our Club matches in the Fall.
At this time, we're dealing with a bunch of that same heat and humidity you mention so our club shoots are just twice-monthly informal opportunities to sit in the shade, chat a lot, and shoot a little..!!
When you have to wipe the sweat off your face, hands, and rifle between shots...it takes a little bit of the fun out of it. Oh well.
Thanks again though...we're going to give that sort of thing a try.

Board footera