MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/17/2016 7:56 PM  #1

Cleaning Patches

What's the best source for good flannel patches at a reasonable price?

4/19/2016 4:26 AM  #2

Re: Cleaning Patches

Joe...I buy bulk yards of the material I like at Wal-Mart, and cut my own.
I even got a pair of Left-handed scissors for Christmas..!!!
Sounds tedious I know, but to be honest...sitting in my gun room with the radio playing softly, cutting material for cleaning, wiping, and shooting patches ( different fabrics of course) is really quite relaxing.

4/19/2016 5:48 AM  #3

I also do like Mr. Steele does, this way you can control the thickness and size better. An adult beverage helps keep the cuts straight also.

Longone

4/19/2016 2:28 PM  #4

We use baby blanket flannel button either Walmart or Jo-Ann Fabric cut up using a fabric cutter that looks kind of like a pizza cutter have to agree with the other that it is easier to control the size of the patch that way

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

4/19/2016 8:30 PM  #5

Y'all are using square patches, I'm guessing.  I used square too, but I believe round cleans better.  I did find my ticking at Jo Ann's.  Didn't look for flannel.  I'll have to go back by there.

7/15/2016 10:18 AM  #6

My local hospital has a yard sale in the spring yearly, and I buy their cotton flannel blankets that are due for replacement. At a buck apiece its quite a find. I then just cut them down to the appropriate sizes that I'm wanting, and go at it.

kcajeel

7/15/2016 8:19 PM  #7

I'm a Walmart or JoAnn's Fabrics guy. I buy white cotton flannel and it tear into even strips. It'll work good one direction but not the other. Then just cut em up in squares down the strip. A friend of mine goes to the thrift store and buys old flannel bed sheets.

"The first step in finding your game is getting some conviction. If you don’t have conviction your confidence can be corroded."  -  From The Movie "Seven Days In Utopia".

7/16/2016 5:21 AM  #8

I buy cotton flannel and layer it up to four times and cut with scissors works for me.

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

Board footera