MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/09/2016 4:01 PM  #1

Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. April 9

As always, thanks for everyone that took the time to come and shoot with us.  The day was pretty: Pretty cold and windy .  Never thought about April being like this.  Jeanette did a great job with the food and target entry. Barbeque chicken is one of my new favorites, and I enjoyed not looking at the computer for 2 hours!

Nine shooters participated and shot some good targets despite the weather.  The top three finishers were:
1) Sterling M.  3.598
2) Bo C. 4.053
3) Carl K. 4.937

Harold M. finished 4th with a string of 5.956.  I wanted to mention this, as it was the first time he ever tried!  He didn't even get to practice...

The best X of the day was Sterling with 0.029, the best of his FIVE first place X's!  Archie H. was next with 2 first place X's.

I appreciate everyone's patience at the beginning of the match as we had a first-timer that took a while to get into the swing of things.  Also, we missed Steve (on vacation), so I had to do a lot more talking than I'm used to.  As always, tell me what we can do better or if we did anything right!

4/10/2016 6:50 AM  #2

Re: Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. April 9

Barton,

Thanks to you and your crew for putting on another excellent  table shoot. The food was great and everything went well with shoot.

The only thing that needed improvement was the weather. 40 degree temperatures and that cold 15-20 mph wind blowing into everybody's face made for a tough shoot but it was still a good day and I think everybody had a good time.

Thanks again .

Carl

4/10/2016 12:55 PM  #3

Carl,
Thanks.  I was just hoping it wouldn't rain or snow .  The targets were like little birds, had to have two hands on them or they'd fly off...

4/12/2016 8:24 PM  #4

I wanted to come up but the brakes on my wife's car messed up and had to work on them Saturday. Have you set a date for the next one?

Are the rules the same as the Indiana shoots, no teflon patching and a 14x14" spotter?

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.-H. L. Mencken

4/12/2016 9:04 PM  #5

Old timer,
Sorry you couldn't make it.  Next one is May 7, then no more until August, I think. 

We allow teflon (it's only disallowed in hunter class, right?) and don't strictly enforce spotter size, but 14x14 would be fine, and I don't think anyone has gone bigger than that!  So far, we have been having people post their own targets for each Match, chunk shoot style.  Generally, it works for each person to use a whole 2x2 frame, which is standard at our range, though we have discussed having 2 people share if necessary.  I believe Steve and I tried it once and it's fine, but you have to be careful who you pair up!

Board footera