MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/17/2016 2:35 AM  #1

from the south pacific

Hi to all ,  I live in New Zealand down in the south pacific and have been shooting muzzle loaders since 1956 , a lot of home builts not very pc but you could say I didn't know any better until I got a grrw (Austalia ) 54 cal perc Leman trade gun  then  a 50 cal Lancaster pattern flinter ,, I am now making a 45 Leman half stock flint from scratch that is lock stock and barrel and am hoping that I can learn a lot from this forum  Rob

3/17/2016 5:15 AM  #2

Re: from the south pacific

Greetings and welcome Rob.
I'm probably not alone in wondering about the Muzzleloading scene in New Zealand. Looking forward to hearing about it from you. I'm sure there will be lots to learn in both directions.

3/17/2016 5:56 AM  #3

Hello Rob, it's always great hearing form people from the other side of the world that enjoy this wonderful sport and look forward to reading of your experiences.

RB

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

3/17/2016 8:00 AM  #4

A big  Howdy.

Glad to have you.

slacker

3/17/2016 2:49 PM  #5

Nice to hear from down under, welcome aboard. Be good to hear how you blokes do it and be glad to tell about some of our ways. Bet there's not a lot of difference.
Mark

3/17/2016 9:21 PM  #6

Welcome to ya Rob!
Lots of good people on this forum! Don't be afraid to ask questions!
My father-in-law said New Zealand was one of the prettiest places he was at when he was touring the south pacific islands about 1944!
Say, does the balls spin right to left or left to right down there?

Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

3/18/2016 1:07 AM  #7

yes I bet that NZ was prettier than some of the places your dad was at getting shot at by the japs probably didn't have a lot of time to admire the scenery then either .. I just haven't been close enough to see which way the balls spin and they have always been going away from me ,no incomers .. Rob

3/18/2016 10:22 AM  #8

Welcome! Lots of people here and very knowledgable on different aspects and disciplines. Glad to have you.

"The first step in finding your game is getting some conviction. If you don’t have conviction your confidence can be corroded."  -  From The Movie "Seven Days In Utopia".

3/18/2016 10:51 AM  #9

oldtrobh wrote:

yes I bet that NZ was prettier than some of the places your dad was at getting shot at by the japs probably didn't have a lot of time to admire the scenery then either .. I just haven't been close enough to see which way the balls spin and they have always been going away from me ,no incomers .. Rob

Rob ... you're probably right about not having enough time to admire the country!
Sure glad you've had no incomers!
Glad to have you aboard here!
Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

Board footera