MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/09/2016 10:01 AM  #1

Casting time again!

Well the warm wether is upon us and the practice season is starting up for me. I took stock of what I had on hand for balls and sizes. I found out I'm low on just about everything. I cast in my garage so I don't like to cast in the winter because it's too cold out there. It's just a steal building. But with warmer wether I've been casting a little bit each evening.

.319, .350, and .454 are my pistols. Last night I made a small batch of .319 for my .32 cal flint pistol. Each night I'll mold up a different caliber so I can try to build stock evenly and not deplete one while making another and constantly play catch up. My practice regiment isn't in full swing yet either so I'm taking advantage of an early start to stock pile components.

Gonna be fun searching for those pesky #11 Percussion caps!

"The first step in finding your game is getting some conviction. If you don’t have conviction your confidence can be corroded."  -  From The Movie "Seven Days In Utopia".

3/09/2016 10:26 AM  #2

Re: Casting time again!

Seems like I'm never caught with casting! Besides muzzleloaders I cast a bullets for a couple of other shooting sports. Once in while I really get into casting like when the weather is bad, cold, windy or all of the above. But most of time it'sa catch up kind of thing I just try not to get too far behind I have noticed that if I'm desperate and have to have bullets or balls right now like before a shoot tomorrow things never go well and it seems impossible  to get a good bullet?

Fun searching for #11 caps? And expensive too! Good luck!

RB

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

3/09/2016 8:28 PM  #3

I was in a Sportsmans Warehouse in Lexington,KY a week or so ago and they had a good supply of both CCI and Remington # 11 caps for $5.99 for a tin of 100. Bought a 1000 and there were lots more hanging on the display.

Not sure where all Sportsmans Warehouses are located but know there are several around the country. Maybe there is one close by.

Good luck.

3/10/2016 7:46 AM  #4

Around here Cabelas and Bass Pro usually have them, not at the best prices mind you but they are usually in stock. Also keep an eye out on Powder Valley, when they do get them they go quickly.

Longone

3/10/2016 7:47 AM  #5

Last edited by Longone (3/10/2016 7:53 AM)

Board footera