MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/06/2016 8:22 PM  #1

Think I should have stopped at three...

We finally had a nice day weather wise and I figured I'd get outside and practice for the York a little bit. Shot an excellent group the first three shots and then everything went south quick. 4th shot went 2" low, the next went between the others and to the left a bit. Bottom dropped out on the 6th shot, and the next 6 just pretty much went all over the place. I don't have a clue what was going on, the patches I found could have been reused. There was no wind to speak of, no light changes until the last two shots. Just an all-around aggravating morning. Oh well at least I got out and got a healthy dose of black powder smoke this morning.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.-H. L. Mencken

3/06/2016 8:47 PM  #2

Re: Think I should have stopped at three...

You are in good company sir, most likely everyone on this forum has had such a day.

You think you have everything working together, it did the last time you shot and then as you say today was a complete disaster.

It's  what makes this shooting game so adictive,so much fun and so frustrating at times. But there's  always tomorrow to try again.

Good luck.

3/14/2016 12:32 AM  #3

Re: Think I should have stopped at three...

old timer no follow  threw -lifting head -relaxing before bullet has left barrel - breathing after pulling trigger  no good face placement . I am a expert at all these errors.2 inches low is coming off the gun to soon.the joys of chunk . I was known for shooting  the best 5  warm up shots ever.darn then came the match.darn eyes  went  beat it for awhile at 59  had to start shooting left handed.  .sure do miss going to all the chunk matches-wonderfull times  - the great men I comepeted with and all the fine  people along the way
dag

Last edited by dag (3/14/2016 12:35 AM)

Board footera