MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/10/2014 8:46 AM  #1

Something different at friendship

For those of you who shoot the Bill Large match over on a primitive range. Remember we discussed some rule changes late last year. Early this year. I checked the spring shoot program and it reads as follows.Match 605 Bill Large—(Reentry) Flintlock or percussion rifle, 3 shots off a chunk at 60 yards at a large X-center target (shooters place their own sighting marker) for total string measure. Next wide shot breaks tie. Shaders are allowed; open sights only; eyewear mounted pinholes may be used. Only chunks and lay down mats provided at the range will be allowed.

We felt like we should take the match back closer to it's original intent. We asked around and got the impression this is the direction we needed to go. I think you will find match equally as fun and yet more challenging.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

6/10/2014 2:50 PM  #2

Re: Something different at friendship

Sounds good to me. Don't have to pack so much stuff up there. Gun and shooting box. Lol

6/13/2014 8:03 AM  #3

Re: Something different at friendship

I like it.  I've been tinkering around with our local ml club's schedule this morning and added an over the log match for September.  Wanting to keep it more to its roots, I've been leaning towards 60 yards.  I don't want to offer the alternative of 40 yards offhand for fear that no one will shoot the match off the chunk.

Glad to hear the NMLRA has gotten their match closer to its roots.

Joe

Board footera