MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/29/2016 7:01 AM  #1

Fort Osage Muzzleloaders Table Shoot 1-28 -16

We had another Thursday afternoon Table Match a bunch of us older folks (retired) get together when the weather permits. It reached 50* late in the afternoon and was a bit windy which is normal for this region if it warms up then you will have to deal with some South wind other than that it was a great day seven shooters showed up and a lot of quarters changed hands!
Richard B.           2.889
Dwayne S.          3.869
R.W. Falknor       5.047
Jim T.                  6.613
John F.                6.762
Jack R.                8.240
Mary D.               12.017

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

1/30/2016 6:48 PM  #2

Re: Fort Osage Muzzleloaders Table Shoot 1-28 -16

That's some fine shooting folks !

Glad to see the retirees out having a good time at the range instead of the bingo hall.

There are a few of us retirees here in Kentucky that gather at my place (no clubs close ) for some table shooting and some offhand shooting. I'm the youngest at 67. Weather permitting we try to shoot one or the other about once a week. Got a small 10'×12' three sided shed with a loading bench along the back and metal bullet traps at 30 & 50 yards so we can shoot rain or shine as long as its warm enough.

We're going to have to get in a lot of practice to shoot with you guys though.

Being retired does have it's good points doesn't it.

Carl

1/30/2016 9:34 PM  #3

Fine shooting there Richard!
Looks like you guy's are about to get this down pat! Dwayne always was a good shot, at least when I was shooting against him several years ago! If Jim T. could "talk=BS!" them balls into doing what he wants then his string would be near 0 inches!! Hahaha! He brings a pickup full of excuses with him! At least he can take as well as put out! Fun to shoot around!
Having fun is what it is all about! Who you beat comes in a close second, then the string!!
   Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

1/31/2016 5:48 AM  #4

Thanks guys were are having a bunch of fun with this and the competition is getting tougher these guys and gals a changing sights and making targets to fit and it's a lot harder to win a pot. I don't know what happened to Mary she usually shoots up in the middle of the pack and Jim T. had some breech plug problems.

We shoot for quarters an idea that I picked up from Big John we have three tin cups the first cup is for the tightest X on each target everybody chips a quarter in the cup for each match if they want to play. We shoot a target and then check them out the tightest X gets that pot. Then we have a cup set up for the shortest string and another for the tightest X overall you just put one quarter in each of these for the day. It used to be that one or two guys would shoot right through the matches and take nearly all the money but that has changed and now if you get lucky and win a pot or two you feel like you really did something. And I suspect that it is going to get tougher and tougher as this groups get better.

Richard

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

2/02/2016 8:17 PM  #5

Like the idea of shooting for quarters. Adds a litte excitement to each match and everybody has a chance at winning a little something. And I think it makes you try a little harder after all
you don't want to be the only one not  to win a pot.

And where else can you go for a fun afternoon with your friends and all it costs is $3.00 if you put a quarter in every cup. A great way to spend the day for sure.

Carl

2/03/2016 12:56 AM  #6

You're exactly right Carl!
Participation at our matches more than doubled when we went to the quarter shooting!
The shooters found out that those really close shots could win them a pot where they didn't stand a chance of winning the short string because of fliers!
Before quarters we were giving meat to the closest X of each match but that was an expense to the club, someone had to pick up the meat, there had to be a match charge to cover the expenses but with quarters everyone brought their own!
I most generally don't like shooting for money has it throws another whole mindset in the game. People would raise cane for money but would let things slide a little if shooting for meat! Keep the money pots small and the problems will be small also! Just my take!!

Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

Board footera