MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/22/2015 8:00 PM  #1

Bill from S. Florida

Hello, I shoot most types of muzzleloaders, pretty much everything except shotguns.  Flintlocks, slug and picket rifles are my favorites.  I live near Ft. Lauderdale FL.  Also shoot BPC from time to time.

12/22/2015 8:13 PM  #2

Re: Bill from S. Florida

Welcome to the board be sure to get in there in give us your thoughts and share your knowledge be careful and will be looking for you.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

12/23/2015 5:59 AM  #3

Welcome Bill.
I'm just up the coast in Sebastian. We have a pretty nice dedicated BP range at Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol club in Palm Bay. If you're ever up this way, we hold "open" shoots every 2nd and 4th Saturday...membership not required, just tell the gate guard you're here for the BP shoot.
Where do you shoot down your way..???
I get down there now and then myself. Grew up in Lauderdale...that was a long time ago though..!!

12/23/2015 12:19 PM  #4

Hi Bill & welcome,
Sounds like you've come to the right place. Don't hesitate to post any questions you may have, we may not have the answer but we'll tell you something. Happy Holidays.
Mark

12/23/2015 3:54 PM  #5

Thanks guys!  There really are no more muzzleloading clubs where I live; they have folded.  The one I used to shoot with (Everglades Cap and Ball) has been gone for a number of years now.  These days I shoot at a range near my home at Markham Park, but it is a pain to shoot muzzleloaders there.  Don I will take you up on your  offer sometime.  A bit of a drive for me, but that's how it goes.

12/24/2015 7:02 AM  #6

I've visited Markham Park once......ONCE.
We have a County operated public range here in Sebastian. I'm glad it is there for those folks who want to enjoy shooting a few times a year. It's not someplace I recommend for shooting a muzzleloader.
I know it's a long run....if you ever feel inclined though, let me know. I'd like to be sure to be there that day.
I shoot several times a week and sometimes skip the Saturday events if other things need attending to.

Board footera