MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/09/2015 11:30 AM  #1

Howdy from Central Florida

I'm Don Richards, the NMLRA Field Rep Coordinator for Region 3 (Southeastern States).  I just ran across this site today but recognize several names already from other forums.  As my nickname (Mole Eyes) indicates, I don't see well enough anymore to be a serious competitor in open sight offhand rifle matches,  but I occasionally get lucky.  I've been an active muzzleloader for about 40 years, target shooting, hunting, gun building, and instructor.  I'm particularly fond of flintlock and underhammer rifles.

Smokinbuck, who I know from another forum and the Association of Ohio Longrifle Collectors, has recently gotten me interested in trying out Table Shooting.  One of the guys from our local club will be up at Friendship this coming week and will touch bases with Mark.  He's going to try out the Table Shoot match and bring back the information we need to get Table Shooting going in this area.  Since most of us old goats in our club like sitting down more than standing up anyway, it should be an easy sell.  I'm glad to be part of the group.

Don

NMLRA Field Rep Coordinator 
Region 3 (Southeastern States)

9/09/2015 9:24 PM  #2

Re: Howdy from Central Florida

Welcome Mole Eyes!
Quite a bunch your throwing yourself into!!
Good guys and this table shooting is fun fun fun!
I've had a couple of shoots here in  MidMo and it's catching on.
I've been really involved with the wife's health recently so I have not been very active on the forum but read it daily.
I'll PM you in the near future to check up on the other forums I lost to a computer crash.
Glad too see ya on here!! Welcome again!

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

9/10/2015 6:04 AM  #3

Big John,

Good to hear from you.  Yes, please do PM me and we can catch up some.  Haven't heard from you since the old Muzzle Loaders Emporium kind of dried up.

Don

9/10/2015 9:49 AM  #4

Welcome aboard Don. I think you will find this bunch interesting, if not down right opinionated. Don't hesitate to ask any question you might have, we may not have the answer but we'll tell you something.
Mark

9/10/2015 10:06 AM  #5

Thanks, Mark.  You guys already have me planning out a build for a rifle to shoot in the Table Shoot Unlimited class.  When Don Steele gets back from talking to you at Friendship and shooting in the Table Shoot up there next week, we're going to put our heads together and try to get table shooting going on down here deep in Dixie.  Wonder how sweet tea works for patch lube? 

Don

9/10/2015 10:52 AM  #6

DonWelcome aboard, have Mr. Steele looked me up down at friendship will try to fix him up with everything he needs to get a table shoot going. It’s not very hard. It’s just a lot of work. By the way, sweet tea will make it okay patch lube just don’t let it set in the barrel long enough for the sugar to get sticky.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

9/10/2015 11:50 AM  #7

Don Steele is going to be touching bases with Mark and shooting the table shoot for the first time.  I'll tell him to ask Mark to point him in your directions.  Thanks.

Don

9/10/2015 5:52 PM  #8

As you can tell....my friend MoleEyes is just the character to get it going.
We have 2 "organized" ( And I use that term VERY loosely..!!) shoots at our home club..Port Malaber Rifle and Pistol Club, in Palm Bay, FL. every month.
After I return from Friendship with experience, pictures, and targets...we're going to get our bunch to sit down and shoot. Like Don already said...ought not to be too difficult since most of them spend a lot of time sitting down already...including ME.

Board footera