MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/23/2015 5:58 PM  #1

an idea about my next project

Now that I have a .45 bullet shooter I'm thinking of building a .32 bullet shooter us in a #2/#3 32-40 barrel from Green Mountain mounted on a Allen underhammer action this should make for an interesting 200yard rifle and great for prairie dogs and groundhogs  any thoughts on what I should use for a bullet and mold thanks

8/24/2015 11:30 AM  #2

Re: an idea about my next project

Because the .34/40 is the favorite single shot cartridge caliber, loads and moulds are plentiful in the single shot community.  I'd suggest you visit the ASSRA website for links and discussion, also Castboolits.

8/24/2015 6:47 PM  #3

A 32 is going to tricky but I'm sure that it can be done a 38 would be a lot easier to make shoot well. Look at the twist rate and the velocity that you expect to shoot and that will go a long way toward determining the length of bullet and weight. You probably will have to go to a custom mold maker to get one in the proper size.

RB

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

9/04/2015 1:00 AM  #4

Custom molds are easy to order. Iwould second getting ideas from the ASSRA folks. Those guys know both cartridge single shots and the early ML schuetzen stuff and some of them could give advice. Interesting project.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West
"Speed's fine, but accuracy's final." Bill Jordan

Board footera