MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/23/2015 8:42 AM  #1

This forum is sorely needed!

I am pleased to have been directed to this forum, it addresses what I think is an urgent need to have information online that helps to understand and promote muzzleloading target shooting or NMLRA shooting.

We often see discussion of the difficulty of recruiting new shoters to our various shooting sports.  I think one of the most important things we can do is to make information about our sports readily available, especially online, for the uninitiated to feed their newfound interest and learn enough to get them over the hump to where they might be able to find an event and come on out without embarassing or frustrating themselves.

Because no one else seems to be making this information available for disussion, I think this board is critical to the health of our sport.  It would be wise for every one of us to publicize this board as much as possible.  Mention it on other muzzleloading or shooting sports boards as often as possible.  Bring it up in conversation at events.  And, somehow, it needs to be publicized right at the epicenter - Friendship and the NMLRA website.

Perhaps it would be possible to have patches or shirts or caps that would publicize this site.  That takes some capital and concerted effort, but it would make this board visible in all the right places.  I suppose the mode of dress at many events would make shirts and caps less effective, but perhaps decals for our boxes or rear windows would work.

Last edited by ClaudeH (8/23/2015 8:46 AM)

I am:  In Over My Head

8/23/2015 4:36 PM  #2

Re: This forum is sorely needed!

Claude glad you found the site. I agree with what you are saying. I have wanted a forum like this for years. One for getting the word out about our sport and where we can freely discuss our shoots and firearms. Been thinking about your suggestion on the shirts, caps and decals. All good ideals. I would like to add to that a business card made up with the site information and web address on it to find us. They would be great to hand out at friendship and at our local shoots. In fact I have been wanting to make up some cards with my local club info and shoot schedule for some time any way. I will just add this site information on the opposite side.  Consirder it done.
Good suggestion Claued.

8/23/2015 9:43 PM  #3

Re: This forum is sorely needed!

The business card idea could be a cheap way to reach a good many appropriate prospects.  I wonder if you could provide an online template of your chosen design so that anyone that cared to pitch in to publicizing the site could print some and distribute them wherever they might be.

Once the site accumulates enough content, the business card would be an aid in recruiting new participants.  If you identified someone with a budding interest, handing them an easy reminder of where they can follow up to learn and ask questions about the sport might draw more people in.

I am:  In Over My Head

Board footera