MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/16/2015 11:41 PM  #1

Greetings from the Missouri Ozarks

I was interested in muzzle loading as a kid.  Built my first shootable gun in the eighth grade!  All through high school and college I built and shot black powder guns.  Then I got interested in modern highpower shooting.  Now, I'm retired and coming around full circle and back into muzzle loading again!   Re-joined the NMLRA.  I haven't been to Friendship in many years.  Looking forward to going to the 2015 Spring Shoot.  My current interest is underhammer guns.  I designed and built a rifle and have a boot pistol in the works. 

5/17/2015 5:57 AM  #2

Re: Greetings from the Missouri Ozarks

Welcome tinsmith, glad to see another fellow Missourian on this board. If you are interested in competition we have quite a bit of stuff going on up here in the middle of the state.

Richard

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

5/17/2015 7:25 PM  #3

Welcome aboard Tinsmith,
Plenty of us here shooting UH's both for fun and competitively, you should be able to stir up some lively conversations. As said above there's always something going on including postal matches. The postals give folks a chance to compete with others that they may never have an opportunity to meet first hand. Discussions and information flows both directions so don't hesitate to let us know what you are thinking.
Mark

5/17/2015 8:31 PM  #4

Welcome tinsmith! Quite a bunch you're hooking up with here!
I think you'll be glad you did!
Some table shooting going on here in the middle of Missouri and over on the western side. I hope you can join us sometime!
Howdy!  Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

5/17/2015 10:04 PM  #5

Yes, 60 yd chunk gun and 30 yd table shooting sound interesting!  I don't plan to shoot at Friendship in June, but to look, listen & learn.  I'm sure there is a lot of new equipment & techniques that I know nothing about.  One quick question, is there a particular caliber and barrel that seem to excel at chunk gun shooting?  Years ago, I thought that bigger was better.  If I didn't come home from the range with a bruised shoulder, then I wasn't really shooting!  Now, at 65 yrs. old, I'm more interested in accuracy and enjoying the sport.  After my trip to Friendship, I would like to try out some matches in Missouri.
Jeff

5/18/2015 2:16 PM  #6

Tinsmith
Welcome to the board. I think you will find a very interesting group of characters here. You get yourself to the range in friendship in June. I imagine there'll be a rifle there you can shoot. Should you should you decide want to do so you'll find me primarily at the Table and Chunk Range. In answer to your chunk gun caliber question, the most popular caliber seems to be 50, followed closely by both the 54 and 45. You do see the occasional 40 and once in a great while, you'll see a 48 crawl out of the woodwork, but for the biggest part the 50 seems to have caught on the best it sounds like it may have been a while since you've had a chunk gun in your hands so you ought to come down to see what were up to. Any rate, welcome the board. Have a good time.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

6/11/2015 1:00 AM  #7

tinsmith, Welcome you might check out http://missourioffhand.org/ website for info on clubs here in Missouri.

Parkawood -

6/11/2015 2:47 PM  #8

Welcome aboard. Glad you came back to the Muzzle loading world. Good bunch of guys here.
Feel free to ask away.

Board footera