MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/28/2015 8:32 AM  #1

Table shoot updates

Thanks to Ken and Big John for your updates. Sounds like everybody had fun at those shoots John I wouldn't get discouraged just yet on the number of shooters your having, it may take a while to warm the guys up to it. Encourage them to bring a friend with them the next time. KLR had a great inaugural shoot. Sounds like everyone had a good time there as well.

Mark, Mitch and I spent a very wet Saturday at the new table range at friendship. Mark assisted me that evening at the ladies shooters banquet talking about the table shoot. Becky Waterman gave us a good plug. I'm sure that'll help us a lot. The following day, Sunday was much better day Mark and Mitch had a few takers at the table shoot and sounded relatively positive about the experience that we may have hoked new shooters. I spent the day with the ladies friendship circle, in primitive getting them brought up to speed on what we were doing. They have ask if they can get a table built that looks a bit more primitive than a one were using. I think we’re going to help them out! All in all, other than being soaking wet all day Saturday had a wonderful time at friendship.

Also, did you get a chance to work some more on the table range should have it up and ready to go for the June shoot. Thanks Mark and Mitch, for your help.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

4/28/2015 10:42 PM  #2

Re: Table shoot updates

MMprwarner wrote:

Thanks to Ken and Big John for your updates. Sounds like everybody had fun at those shoots John I wouldn't get discouraged just yet on the number of shooters your having, it may take a while to warm the guys up to it. Encourage them to bring a friend with them the next time. KLR had a great inaugural shoot. Sounds like everyone had a good time there as well.

Mark, Mitch and I spent a very wet Saturday at the new table range at friendship. 

Robin ... I'm not discouraged as yet! Richard usually has a friend that comes with him but he was a little under the weather. Another guy was coming but had to take his youing grandson turkey hunting. Now all I have to do is get them all together at the same time! Richard and David have made this a great sport around here. They're always a great help! I assume it will pick up, and I hope so! We kicked around a weekday shoot as most all the weekends are taken up with some sort of shooting already and most all of us are retired ole fools!! We have a lot of choices in Missouri when it comes to shooting muzzleloading! That's a good thing!
Our Saturday was wet as well but the shooting and then the smell of fish frying kept things rolling along! We had a great day!
My son happened to stop by just as we were ready to start the shoot. I talked him into shooting and I loaded for him using my rifle. If he hadn't have had a couple of wide shots, he would have beat this old man! I heard him tell a couple of the people at the Tuesday Old Geezers Day at the club today how much fun it was an they should try it!
Now he's looking for a rifle of his own!

I hope to make one of the shoots out your way. Richard and I discussed it Saturday. We'll see how things go!
Keep herding this bunch along!!
Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

Board footera