MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/27/2015 11:45 AM  #1

Owl Creek results from 25 April 15

A 10 shot match was held. We paid closest shot per match, sweest shot of the day and short string total 1st and 2nd.
Richard Brinkman came over and gave us a lesson on shooting with a great day!
Sweet shot of the day was Richard with a .057.
Short string was also Richard with a 2.265!
Closest shot of each match was Richard with 9 wins and I lucked out on match #8 and nudged him out by .017!
Richard was first. I was second with 6.060, Robert McCray was third with a 9.059 and David Horton was fourth with a 9.074.
It was a great day but for the life of me, I can't seem to get more than 4 shooters to attend these table shoots. I'll just give it a little more time and hope the shooters around here see how much fun we're having.
We were shooting out from under a cover because of the weather. It started out raining while we shot our three practice shoots. The sun broke through just as our first match shot was taken then clouded back up and rained off and on the rest of the matches!
Thank you David Horton for frying the catfish and crappie we had for dinner!

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

4/27/2015 2:16 PM  #2

Re: Owl Creek results from 25 April 15

John,
Sounds like it was a lot of fun for the few who showd up. Rich sounds likee he is setting the standard for everyone to beat. Keep at it, it will grow.
Mark

4/27/2015 10:40 PM  #3

Mark we had a great time. Even the rain didn't dampen the fun we had!
With only 4 shooters we took our time and went out to post new X's in between the hardest rains.
Richard has been practicing and doing alot of shooting to see what makes his rifle tick and it's showing! He had a great day but so did the rest of us.
Even my 92 year old father-in-law came over for the fish fry and was interested in what we were doing. Last I heard he was talking to Richard about peep sights and then going home and getting out his .40 rifle to try!
I'll keep pluging along and maybe we'll get to rolling in the future!

Big John

Will Rogers

4/28/2015 7:45 AM  #4

I had a really great time and very much enjoyed talking to your father-in-law. Something that I thought about on the way home is that there is the Merit Adjustable eye piece that would screw into that sight that I showed him. It's another $65 or so but has a very large rubber eye shield that helps focus on the aperture which is adjustable I think that would really help him to focus in on the target. I also noticed that your son took a lot more interest when he saw the scores!! Get him fired up and the competition might get a whole lot more serious which is always great for any sport.

Richard

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

4/28/2015 10:57 PM  #5

Thanks Richard!
My inlaw's have  been Cathy and I's best friends and not just a inlaw relationship. He has been my shooting mentor all 51 years of my marriage. He is an amazing man at 92! He's still tough to out shoot! Until his left eye messed up this past month and he's had to learn to shoot right handed instead of left, he could give most people a shooting lesson most days! I will mention the aperature to him.
My son Robert was very pleased with his shooting and is looking forward to the next shoot. I think we hooked him!
Competition is always good for most any sport!

Big John

Will Rogers

Board footera