MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2015 1:12 PM  #1

Fort Osage Muzzleloaders Table Shoot

We had our first official Table Shoot eleven shooters showed up and I think everybody had a great time. It was a little hetic for a little while trying to get everybody use to the idea of three practice shots and then ONE shot on a target and change to a new target. But after a while it started to come together and soon we got into a rhythem and it went very smoothly after that. We shot six targets with the shortest string going to Dan Hartman with a 1.922 next was Jeff Siron with a 2.992 and third was Gerald Hartman with a 3.306. We paid a place for the most Spiders and that went to Gerald Hartman with three. We also paid a Gold Dollar piece for the tightest shot on each of the targets and that went over very well too.

I want to thank Gerry Van Engelenhoven for helping me to score and record all of those measurements. Jim Thorp for the work that he did to help get material and the range ready to use and Jeff Siron for range officer duties and helping to keep everything flowing nicely along.

Richard

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

4/12/2015 2:56 PM  #2

Re: Fort Osage Muzzleloaders Table Shoot

Rich,
that's some fine shooting. How come you decided to go with 6 targets instead of 10? We used 6 for convenience for the postal shoot but normally shoot 10 at the range.
Mark

4/12/2015 6:58 PM  #3

I was using the Postal for a guide line and didn't want to stretch the match out too far? Next time we'll do ten. I figured that we might have a problem explaining how to do this type of shooting to some people that had no idea about how to go about this style of shooting. And some of the looks were priceless when I explained that you get three practice shots and then put the target you want to score under the sighter and pin it centered on the group that you just shot. That concept was completely lost for a while but after a couple of targets it started to soak in and then OK I get it now that works pretty good! A learning experience for all!!! 

Richard

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

4/13/2015 10:00 AM  #4

Richard
Glad everything went off well and fun was had by all. I know what you're talking about about the priceless looks people who are not accustomed to the X Ctr. scoring system tend to take just a minute or two to catch on and if pictures worth 1000 words actually watching it done must be worth 10 million words, it sounds like you had a good shoot. In the meantime, stay safe and have fun.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

4/13/2015 10:21 AM  #5

Rich,
Your reasoning was good and it sounds like it workd out well. If you get a few more new shooters next time, think about having an experienced shooter go down to the target board with them. Showing is sometimes easier than explalining. Good job, hope the enthusiasm keeps up.
Mark

4/16/2015 8:43 PM  #6

After a long hiatus from a hard drive being smoked computer......... I get to tell you what a great time David and I had at Fort Osage's Table Shoot!
The weather was fantastic and the shooters were better!
Good job Richard! After a little confusion, the guy's caught on pretty fast and the shooting rolled right along!
I shot poorly and have more excuses that Carter has pills so I won't go there!
All I can attest to is we had a great day and a good time! That's what it is all about!!

Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

Board footera