MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/26/2015 9:25 PM  #31

Re: SHOW OFF YOUR TABLE GUNS

Yep! I've been known to do things like that.

Richard

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

2/26/2015 10:37 PM  #32

Rich,
For hunter class you need provision for a ram rod, that doesn't mean an underrib. If you have a ram rod channel and a ram rod pipe, that works. I have a number of originals with no underrib.
Mark

2/27/2015 6:48 AM  #33

I have thought about that I think that an under rib doesn't do any thing for accuracy especially with a lighter barrel. This stock is drilled for a ramrod hole so that could be a easy quick fix and if the Hunter class takes off I may just do that. I have seen a few pictures of originals made that way kind of ugly but I guess it would be legal.

Richard

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

3/02/2015 8:27 AM  #34

Morning, Richard
 Just a thought, if you drilled and tapped bottom of that barrel to put a ramrod pipe  out towards the  muzzle it wouldn't be overly intrusive.  Since it's already got the accommodations for a ramrod in the stock, it would  then be legal I don't think it makes an ugly , but that's just a matter of opinion. Besides, if they were  put on the machine screws you can take it off when you were not wanting to use it .
Robin

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

4/02/2015 6:36 AM  #35

Candle Snuffer wrote:

Nothing fancy by any means, but some of you have mentioned in the past that you thought this would make a better Table Gun then a Chunk Gun, so I'm going to use this. (If the weather ever allows!) 

.40 caliber 1" x 42"  w/ 1in 48 twist  Green Mnt Brl

Oh, and Mike's rifle above, I would not have a problem with it. I leave this to be decided by you who will be shooting these matches at the National level.

That is some nice looking rifle, mister!

4/02/2015 9:01 AM  #36

Maverick,
Just wondering; will that 1" X 42" barrel make weight? 10# for hunter class, 13# for open class.

4/02/2015 10:21 AM  #37

That 10# limit is good to keep in mind, Mark. Good to have the reminder.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West
"Speed's fine, but accuracy's final." Bill Jordan

Board footera