MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/02/2014 6:54 PM  #1

New member from central mo

Glad to find this forum I've been lucky enough to meet some of you I'm a bench rest Shooter
I've shot 50lb under hammers and due to a bad back I found flintlocks , after building several
That's what I shoot on the bench I really like them
Keep up the good work
Paul

12/02/2014 7:26 PM  #2

Re: New member from central mo

Welcome to the board Paul. Where do you shoot your bench rest matches at? I'm a member of Fort Osage and we are trying to get some bench rest shooting started over that way but it has been slow going with this Table Shooting going on maybe there might develope some more interest in set-down shooting. And we do plan to get a Table match or two going this next year too.

Richard

Last edited by rhbrink (12/02/2014 7:27 PM)

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

12/02/2014 9:06 PM  #3

Hi Paul and welcome. I think we've spoken on other sites in the past. We have a few fellows from out your way and I'm sure they'll speak up. Look forward to hearing from you often.
Mark

12/02/2014 10:50 PM  #4

Welcome aboard Paul. Looking forward to hearing of your experience of bench shooting.

12/02/2014 11:15 PM  #5

Hello Paul! Big John over Millersburg way!
Glad to see you on here!
I had a table shoot the 8th of last month. It was a hoot! I think you will like it. We're not shooting as far as at the Old Farm but seems just as hard to score good! We're shooting an X target (at 30 yrds.), figuring short string just like ther're doing the .22 matches around there.
I remember that 50# rifle you were shooting! No wonder you have a bad back!
I sure wish Don Smith was still around to enjoy these table matches.
You'll like this bunch!!
Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

12/03/2014 12:11 PM  #6

Greetings Paul
Robin from East central Indiana site administrator glad to have you aboard jump in on any conversation you feel like sounds like you may have been at the black powder thing for a while. We would appreciate any words of wisdom you might be able to help us with were fairly laid back here. Like I said earlier jump in the water's fine. Hope to see you around in the future. Have a great day. Be safe.
Robin

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

12/03/2014 1:30 PM  #7

thanks for the coments, we shoot in osage county missouri every sunday oct thru april
im getting where i dont like cold weather so that slows me down.
john, i really miss don smith he was a good friend and mentor
i really like these 8 lb flintlocks, i like the bench but really having trouble off hand i guess ill either learn
or die trying
paul

12/03/2014 2:56 PM  #8

Paul,
Would rather see you keep learning. Try the table game, I think you'll like it a lot. The older some of us get the farther away the ground gets and then the gravity when we have to get up is getting stronger. Sitting at a table is much more civilized.
Mark 

Board footera