MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/01/2014 8:24 PM  #1

THE Table and rest?

Is there a Standard size for the table and the stacked  2 x 4 rest for these shoots?
Is there a prefered construction method?
Do you use the NMLRA - X target ?

Last edited by Oldbow (12/02/2014 6:44 AM)

12/02/2014 1:02 AM  #2

Re: THE Table and rest?

Good evening Oldbow!
Just checking in before retiring for the evening. Just returned from a gun club meeting and I'll tell you what I did for our shoot last month.
I used a couple of tables my club already have. They are 4ft wide and 5ft long and 34" tall with cutouts in the back corners for right or left handed shooters. The members shoot off them out to 200 yards and have no complaints with them.
The front rest start with a 2x6x32" and a 2x4x32" then stack 2x4x27....2x4x22 .... 2x4x17 .... 2x4x12 .... 2x4x7 and a 2x4x2 for the very top piece. I didn't glue them, just used a couple of deck screws to fasten them together to form the pyramid.
As I understand it, the NMLRA is meeting this month and will set the rules in writing. So far we haven't seen them yet and I just went by the rules posted at the start of this Table Shoot thread.
My club used to shoot .22 X matches at night and we have lots of X targets left over and I used them. They are white, 4" square with a line drawn corner to corner and a 1" circle in the middle with the X lines getting much thinner. They worked well as most all the card is hidden behind the spotter anyway.
Sorry if this is confusing. Robin jump in and help me!
Big John 

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

12/02/2014 7:10 AM  #3

GOOD MORNING  John
There are some photos about 3 or 4 pages back, the very first post of this segment back in May of THE Table.
Looks like a 2 x 12.    Have a portable bench ( that I used for .22 matches ) just wanted to build a M L one like this.
Is this a standard table used in M L matches??

12/02/2014 8:04 AM  #4

oldbow
I will email you build plans for table & stack.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

12/02/2014 5:10 PM  #5

Robin,  Thank you that is just what i needed.
Hope to be able to hold a few backyard shootes with some of the locals to drum up some intrest.
And be able to meet up with you folks at Yorks or Friendship.

Thanks again Ernie  

Board footera