MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/28/2014 10:13 AM  #31

Re: Chunk / Table barrels

sorry that is 2 different guns unless you do like robin with underhammer action had have tabble barrel shortend and tappered .13 lbs will not wotk as chunk gunvery well at all .the heavy chunk loads would be very unconfrotable to shoot and small cal evev more problems

dag

11/29/2014 9:09 PM  #32

Dag is right on this one, you are comparing apples and oranges. You are going to have a rifle for one game or the other but not both. If cost is a factor and function is important than I would pick the game I want to play and build that rifle. If you use an underhammer action you can add the barrel and sights that you need later and then interchange them for the game you want to play. It's what a lot of us have done.
Mark

11/30/2014 8:17 AM  #33

I think that is what I said, I am building a table gun at max weight. And it will be a MAKE DO gun for now for chunk matches.     Under hammer guns don't do much for me.   I like full stock and halfstock in Flint in the traditional way the matches were set up.  
At my age i'm past the heavy competition ( ben there don that ) and just want to enjoy the shooting and BS

11/30/2014 10:37 AM  #34

On that basis I think you are on the path to enjoying a new game.
Mark

11/30/2014 10:39 AM  #35

I might suggest that to wait just a bit and see what the NMLRA rules committee come up with? Just an idea?

RB

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

11/30/2014 10:46 AM  #36

When will the rules be posted?
Any expected changes than what has been posted on this sight?

11/30/2014 10:53 AM  #37

Interesting comment, OB. Underhammers are the ONLY percussion guns that interest me. Sidelocks and mule ear percussions sort of seem to me to be steps along the road to developing underhammers. It's sort of like snaplocks, snaphaunces, and doglocks finally gave way to the flintlock. There are sites on the web where you get disciplined for bringing up underhammers. I don't have a problem with that, because the folks who developed and own those sites can set the rules and standards.

Even though my interests in muzzleloading are pretty narrow, I'm really grateful that there are forums like this one that gives a place to push some limits and have free discussions around topics of shooting at targets with muzzleloaders of all kinds, from in-line flint target pistols to sealed ignition slug guns.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West
"Speed's fine, but accuracy's final." Bill Jordan

11/30/2014 12:04 PM  #38

Kermit; Yea that is what is nice about this forum there is something for everyone.

11/30/2014 12:27 PM  #39

The NMLRA will meet in December to discuss our issue, and others. I don't know how long it will take to get the results to us but we will disseminate them ASAP.
Mark

Board footera