MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/07/2014 2:11 PM  #1

Wayne Jenkins

This is already been stated in a post under another topic, I thought I would put it, out front and or its own topic.
It is with heavy heart and great personal sadness that I tell you that fellow shooter Wayne Jenkins passed to be with the Lord. While in his sleep in the early morning hours of November 7, 2014. I spoke with Wayne's wife, approximately 11 AM today. She advised me that through emails or other electronic media most likely Sterling Martin would keep us abreast as arrangements were made. Wayne will be remembered as a find shooter, a gentleman, a square and compass brother, but most of all a friend. Please keep Wayne's family in your thoughts and prayers. If we receive any further information, we will post it as soon as possible.
Thank you.
Robin

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

11/07/2014 10:06 PM  #2

Re: Wayne Jenkins

I just read what happened on another chunk site. I'm very saddened to hear of it. Wayne was a fine feller and I've greatly enjoyed shooting with him for years. He liked to get me riled up by calling me "Senator Bird". No matter how much bodily harm I threatened, he'd just giggle. He'll be greatly missed on my part.

11/07/2014 11:45 PM  #3

I got the news this morning and it hit me like a punch in the gut.  Just last Saturday, Wayne was leading us through the back roads of e. Ky. and enjoying keeping us guessing about where we were.  I didn't know Wayne as long as some, but I always had a good time around him.   It didn't take long to figure out he was a human being of top quality, and I'll miss him like a lifelong friend...

11/08/2014 11:02 AM  #4

I only met Wayne a couple of times and did not have a chance to know him but every indication is that the world and the sport has lost a good friend and true gentleman.
Mark

11/08/2014 6:44 PM  #5

According to the obituary, Wayne's funeral will be held at the Magoffin County Funeral Home, Salyersville, KY at 1:00 on Tuesday November 11, 2014. More detailed information can be found at the funeral home website.

11/08/2014 9:24 PM  #6

Magoffin County Funeral Home,

817 Parkway Drive Salyersville, Kentucky 41465

Wayne Jenkins age 65 of Pricey Creek Road, Salyersville, Kentucky passed away Friday, November 7, 2014 at his home. Wayne was born November 6, 1949 in Magoffin County, Kentucky to the late Ovie Jenkins and Pauline Johnson Jenkins who survives. Other survivors include his wife Inez Wireman Jenkins, one daughter Natasha Ann Jenkins of Lexington, Kentucky, two brothers Timothy Jenkins and David Jenkins of Mt. Sterling, Kentucky and several nieces, nephews, cousins and friends.

Wayne was a Vietnam Army Veteran and a retired school teacher and a member of the Elkfork Masonic Lodge #755 F&AM and a member of the Salyersville D.A.V. Chapter 15.

Funeral services will be conducted at 1 pm Tuesday, November 11, 2014 from the Magoffin County Funeral Home Chapel with John Blanton officiating. Entombment will follow at the Jenkins Family Cemetery at Pricey Creek, Kentucky. Friends may call at the funeral home after 6 pm Sunday, November 9, 2014, all day Monday and anytime Tuesday prior to funeral services.

There will be Masonic services conducted at 7 P.M. Sunday, November 9, 2014 by the Elkfork Lodge 755 F&AM and Military rites given by the Salyersville D.A.V.

In lieu of flowers the family has requested that donations please be made to the Salyersville D.A.V. Chapter 15 of P.O. Box 277, Salyersville, Kentucky 41465 or at the funeral home.

Magoffin County Funeral Home,

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

11/08/2014 10:59 PM  #7

Thanks for posting this Robin. If I was on my computer instead of the Kindle, I could have copied and pasted it myself. I figured getting the info on here would take some of the load off of Sterling. I put some info on the ALR but haven't on FOOLS yet.

Board footera