MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/07/2014 8:54 AM  #1

Roundbottom

I reckon unless something has changed, the WV State Chunk Gun Championship will be held this Saturdy at the Roundbottom range at Pritchard, WV.

5/10/2014 2:55 PM  #2

Re: Roundbottom

Would love to hear how the shoot went today. Maybe how many shooters showed up what the wining scores  were?

5/10/2014 5:31 PM  #3

It was wet. There were 22 shooters, the usual suspects. David Krumme came in first with a 4.961" string. This is where it gets hard to figure out. Gary Test got 2nd with 6.195" and Charlie Bowers came in 3rd with a 5.823" string. That's straight from a photo I took of the score sheet. There appears to have been some discrepancies in the final tally. I added all three shooter's shots and David's and Gary's individual shots match their strings. On the other hand, Charlie's individual shots don't match up with his string. I came up with 4.857". I may have misread a number due to a hard to read score because someone had written the number 4851 (w/o the decimal).  Either way, Charlie would have won. They may have corrected the placing, but I didn't hear anything. I'm assuming they did. The only reason I noticed it was because I had measured my shots and knew that I shot over 11 1/2". My score on the sheet was 9.704". I added my measurements from my targets and came up with 11.044". So, any score would be suspect. I guess the others worked it out between themselves. My score was no problem because I only had a 5th place X and was not in a position to be affected.

But despite this and the rain, we had a very good shoot. I believe everyone had a good time although some of us beaten up pretty good and spider bit. As always, we were fed well (maybe a little too well). Shelby always puts on a good shoot and I appreciate it. And it's only an hour away. Can't get much better than that.

5/10/2014 7:54 PM  #4

Sounds like you all had a good time despite the weather .

5/10/2014 8:37 PM  #5

On the other site, it's said that Charlie won then David. They must have gotten it straightened out. I know that there was some going back and forth to the score shed with the sheet.

5/10/2014 9:33 PM  #6

Was Wayne Jenkins, Sterling Martin, Bobby Grim and Mark Thompson there? How did they do?

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.-H. L. Mencken

5/10/2014 11:26 PM  #7

dave krumme said charlie bowers won with a 4.8
dave krumme  2nd with a 4.9 
gary test 3 with a  6 something

5/11/2014 8:21 AM  #8

OldTimer wrote:

Was Wayne Jenkins, Sterling Martin, Bobby Grim and Mark Thompson there? How did they do?

Yeah, they were all there. Wayne shot 11.477",  Sterling shot 7.853",  Bobby shot 7.984"  and Mark shot 8.962".

5/11/2014 8:42 AM  #9

dag wrote:

dave krumme said charlie bowers won with a 4.8
dave krumme  2nd with a 4.9 
gary test 3 with a  6 something

That's right. But at least two of us heard it differently. Anyhow, it all worked out.

Board footera