MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/13/2014 7:51 AM  #1

Add another

While I shoot a variety of different muzzleloaders for lots of reasons, the only one I compete with is a long range rifle. So, as a new member, I would be curious if there is much interest here in long range muzzleloading (800-1000) yds?

There doesn't seem to be much discussion of this subject elsewhere on the net for some reason.  Perhaps this can be the place. 

Brent Danielson
Iowa 

10/13/2014 12:20 PM  #2

Re: Add another

Welcome Brent glad to see that you found this place. You can even talk about underhammers and target shooting without getting throwed off the forum. At least I haven't been yet! Great site I bet that you will enjoy it!

RB

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

10/13/2014 4:57 PM  #3

Welcome aboard Brent. Will be looking for post on your long range shooting. Always thought that would be fun to shoot. Problem where I live would be finding a place to shoot that yardage.

10/14/2014 7:03 AM  #4

Good morning Brent  people who want talk about long-range will certainly welcome them here. The site is dedicated to all types of muzzleloading target shooting, you're welcome to talk about any style of action shot at any range. I hope you find the site to be enjoyable and informative, and I hope that you will leave your words of wisdom here from time to time. Welcome aboard.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

10/14/2014 7:40 AM  #5

Ken wrote:

Welcome aboard Brent. Will be looking for post on your long range shooting. Always thought that would be fun to shoot. Problem where I live would be finding a place to shoot that yardage.

Ken, actually, no matter where you are in Kentucky you aren't as far from Oak Ridge TN as me.  There is a little long range muzzleloading done there.  And then there is some "not quite" long range shooting done at Friendship, IN of course.  

This is a short clip of Rick Weber taking at shot at 1000 yds.   About 3.5 seconds later, his bullet arrived at the target. 

The game is just totally addictive.  There is nothing like long range with black powder, in the wind.  And the rifles uses are easily among the most beautiful, yet functional rifles ever made.  They are really the culmination of 300+ yrs of muzzleloading technology and development.  Some of the guys, like Rick in the clip above, shoot 160 yr old originals.  Some, like me, shoot reproductions, either off the rack or custom made.  No matter how you do it, that 3.5 seconds waiting for the bullet to land is something that just can be equalled anywhere else  

10/14/2014 3:58 PM  #6

I can understand why this would be addictive! Luv it!.

Welcome!

Mike

10/14/2014 7:15 PM  #7

Yes it does sound addictive.

10/14/2014 8:00 PM  #8

Hi Brent & welcome aboard,
I don't shoot long range but had a dear friend who did. Joe Hepsworth shot at Oak Ridge, and around the world, for many years. Look forward to hearing from you.
Mark

10/18/2014 9:31 AM  #9

I just had a Braxton under hammer made in .38 with an 18 twist. Plan on shooting ASSRA with it. Need to have John make me a .45 barrel too. Looks like fun. 500 yards longest we can shoot around here. Later, moodyholler

Board footera