MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/05/2014 12:47 PM  #1

New Guy

I just got home from the table shoot at Friendship. Met several really nice people there and i am looking forward to shooting with some of them at the next shoot.

I have been shooting muzzleloaders for many years but just recently got interested in flintlocks. I bought a 40 cal flintlock from Tip Curtis at the fall shoot and am in the process of trying to learn to shoot it. Most of my muzzleloaders are cap guns but i do have a .50 Hawken flint  that i plan to use this fall.

My longrifle is a .40 cal Green Mountain 44 in swamped.

All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife.
Daniel Boone

10/05/2014 5:33 PM  #2

Re: New Guy

Great to have you here. Feel free to join in on the conversations.

10/05/2014 7:49 PM  #3

.40's seem to be on the rise everywhere. I'm accumulating the findings for one. I have a Rice A-weight .40 x 46" and a stick and a lock, but have yet to decide on a "school." I'm thinking North Carolina Deep River.

And welcome!

"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West
"Speed's fine, but accuracy's final." Bill Jordan

10/06/2014 11:40 AM  #4

I seem slim. Yesterday at the table shoot at friendship very nice man local to friendship. I will look forward to seeing him at shoots. Oh, slim, by the way, there is a table shoot at the Allen Coon farm in rush County Saturday, October 11 start about 9:30 AM if you would like to come will send you some directions would be certainly be glad to have you. At any rate, welcome aboard.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

10/06/2014 3:05 PM  #5

I would like to attend the shoot in Rush County but I have a two day match at home this weekend. Maybe next time.
Thank Y'all for the warm welcome.
Slim

All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife.
Daniel Boone

10/07/2014 9:02 PM  #6

Just found out about this forum,been shooting Muzzleloaders for 45years. love being around like mined folks.thank you for having me aboard.

Board footera