MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/07/2014 6:55 PM  #1

My Old .40 Chunk Rifle Is Now My "Table Rifle"

I came to the conclussion today (after Jim Potter & I, shot 10 one shot 60 yard Matches) that my old .40 caliber Chunk Rifle is truly better suited to this new/old Table Shooting sport, so that's what it will be used for from now on.  My shots on my "spotter" target were good before we started, but I quickly went down hill after that for some reason or another, (my best shot measuring 1-3/4 inches? I did manage to capture 3 of the one shot Matches, but overall, Jim smoked me with his .40 caliber Chunk Rifle... So,,, I'll be planning on a new Chunk Rifle build this Fall/Winter, and will give this Table Shooting a try with the old .40...

Joe

9/07/2014 10:07 PM  #2

Re: My Old .40 Chunk Rifle Is Now My "Table Rifle"

Hmmmmm. Now if I could squeeze my .54 down to .40 and trim 20 lbs off of its 33 lb weight...

"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West
"Speed's fine, but accuracy's final." Bill Jordan

9/11/2014 2:14 AM  #3

Re: My Old .40 Chunk Rifle Is Now My "Table Rifle"

candle   that is a vcery nice gun  .man it will make one sweet table gun. you going to put a good peep sight on it ? if you are going to make a new chunk gun up get a bowers action and rear stock - bolt a barrel on and done .a lot of the top shoooters went this way or have one in their chunk gun collection of shooters.hear neal and mark-legacy barel company-  are turning out some great barrels
dag

Board footera