MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/20/2014 5:25 PM  #1

Tim Shaul

For those of you need to know Tim Shaul primarily an over the log shooter and a big advocate of the table shoot.Tim had a stroke today while driving his vehicle at work according to his wife the impact from the automobile accident has had no bearing upon his health however they are still awaiting a true prognosis from the stroke. thus far he has been non responsive however has shown movement in his arms and legs will write more later after I get an update. please keep them in your prayers and thoughts.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

8/20/2014 7:06 PM  #2

Re: Tim Shaul

Robin,
Very sorry to hear about Tim. Please give his family our regards and let them know Judy and I will keep him in our thoughts. Here's hoping for a speedy and complete recovery.
Mark

8/20/2014 7:35 PM  #3

In our thoughts and prayers.

Joe

8/23/2014 4:25 PM  #4

I spoke with Robin, who is with Tim and his family, earlier today and he asked me to post an update. Unfortunatley it doesn't look good. Tim has not regained concousness since the stroke and underwent surgery today. I don't know the outcome of, or the purpose, of the surgery but the prognosis is that there may be an impairment to Tim's speech and mobility. As I hear, or Robin is able, we will keep you informed, optimistically, of his progress. In the mean time he, and his family, can use all your thoughts and prayers.
Mark

8/24/2014 1:08 PM  #5

I copy and pasted what his wife put on the please keep both tim Leslie and your thoughts and prayers it is a terrible time for her.

By Leslie Shaul — 4 hours ago

Yesterday was a blur of worry. Tim had emergency brain surgery yesterday around noon. Mid morning he stopped responding to stimuli and they felt the brain was swelling and affecting other areas of the brain. Surgery removed the clot to allow his brain some extra room. Today brings more challenges. He had a heart attack and they are running an ultrasound now to locate the blockage.  Because of the bleed in his head, he can't take the normal blood thinner treatment. Next steps depend on the ultrasound. And, to make things even more difficult, he has a blood infection. A separate bacteria from that which is causing the pneumonia. He wont be waking up today. Thanks to the bunch that came to visit yesterday. Having shoulders to lean on when given harsh news was a lifeline for me. Thanks are inadequate.

Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

8/25/2014 7:11 PM  #6

Monday
By Leslie Shaul — 8 hours ago

After a crazy weekend, there seems to be some progress. The sedation was removed and his eyes are opening and hes responding to commands.  They've decided it was safe enough to use heparin to help the heart issue.   Seems his right side is still unresponsive.   One day at a time.

Theodore Roosevelt
John Wayne

8/25/2014 9:00 PM  #7

Got to say that sometimes one day at a time is what gets it done. Considering this past weekend this is real progress. Glad to hear it.
Mark

8/27/2014 8:14 PM  #8

Got some great news about Tim I'm copying and pasting below prayers have been answered keep praying and maybe we can get a genuine miracle.

What a difference a day makes
By Leslie Shaul — 26 minutes ago

Tim is really progressing nicely. This evening he was ticked and it was awesome to see. My Tim would absolutely hate this confinement. But he's moving a lot on both sides of his body. Great movement from the left side and pretty good movement from the right. Rumor has it the vent may come out tomorrow. Watched him tap his foot IN TIME to music we had playing on Pandora. Figured out the TV doesn't him interest him but he enjoyed the music. Wish I could have left my tablet for him to enjoy. Can't wait for tomorrow! Thanks for all the prayers, kindness and help everyone has given. You all have been amazing and I couldn't have done this without your support. I know that sounds like a bad Hallmark card but I mean it very literally. I couldn't have gotten through this without it! TTYL

Theodore Roosevelt
John Wayne

8/30/2014 2:52 PM  #9

the latest Tim report his followers. Lair Halterman and I went down to see him today and found him conscious alert moving arms and legs left side better than right. Before we left they had set up in a chair he was trying to communicate they say that his vocal cords will need some exercise. He will need to be able to swallow stuff on his on before his voice returns, but you can't catch a whisper of the word occasionally. Tim is very frustrated but that is to be expected. Those of you who did not believe in miracles before, you may now begin. Keep up the prayers and good thoughts they're helping immensely.

Theodore Roosevelt
John Wayne

9/02/2014 6:13 AM  #10

Here is the latest from Louisville on Tim. Please forgive me, is just easier to copy and paste what his wife writes on the blog.
By Leslie Shaul — 7 hours agoWow! The treatment he's getting now beats anything he received in the ICU. Weird. He is in a private room with a private nurse sitting in his room 24 hours a day. She keeps him in line and I can just be part of his support team. Tonight's nurse was a nursing student with a masters in English education from Iraq. Absolutely charming and very skilled and attentive. What a relief. I've worried constantly since he woke up because he'd figured out all their restraints and unaware of the weakness in his legs. He got some scrapes and bruises from falling out of bed. I was a little vocal about staying overnight because they were "too shorthanded to keep him in bed". Perhaps they decided to prove me wrong! Lol I am grateful for the peace of mind, regardless. The A team will be back in tomorrow and we can get busy on therapy. His confusion seemed better tonight. Hoping for more clarity tomorrow! Love to all.... Thank you for the support! It means the world

Theodore Roosevelt
John Wayne

9/02/2014 9:19 AM  #11

Robin,
Great to hear Leslie's message regarding Tim's progress. I went through 13 years of this with my mother and found out early on that as a patients advocate you can never be to vocal.
Mark

10/09/2014 7:07 PM  #12

I haven't seen anything posted yet but Tim was at Friendship last Sunday during the Laughry Valley table shoot. He is not up to shooting yet but was walking, talking and looking good. He is truly an inspiration to any of us who haven't experienced what he has gone through. Welcome back Tim it was good to see you.
Mark

Board footera