MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/13/2020 11:46 PM  #1

Waking up!

I didn't want to be the one that wakes everyone up from their naps but I can't believe this bunch hasn't had something to say for such a long period of time!
We have been watching where we go but seem to have to go to town at least twice a week for doctors appoints for me and Cathy or her 97 year old dad. Restaurants and such are just beginning to open in Columbia. 
We have had contact with family members some but respect our distances most of the time.
Cathy and I have started a sunroom project on the east side of our house, 12 x 28 mostly all windows. A couple of neighbor guys are building it in their off times of their work.
I came through my eye problems great. As some know I started a year ago in April with a failed cataract surgery and was blind in my right dominate eye for 7 months. This has now been resolved by the work of two wonderful doctors and my vision is now 20/20 in the right eye and after surgery on my left eye it is 20/25! I haven't tried any shooting as the place making my new glasses is still closed until June 1st.
Well just as my wife says ... I'm getting a little long winded so looking forward to some activity on here.

Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

5/14/2020 6:37 AM  #2

Re: Waking up!

Good Morning Big John,

Glad to hear you are out and about and have your sight back.

Yes, all is very quiet here on the message board, everything has been cancelled so there is very little to talk about.

Things are pretty much the same here in Kentucky.Only leave the house to go out for groceries, prescriptions and gas for the lawn mower.

Doing a little forge work and shooting a little black powder and some 22's here at the house.

There have only been 2 table shoots so far this year, both were at Bateville, IN. Made it to both of them, first one was in March and froze to death and the second one was first Saturday in May and the wind blew so hard you could barely keep your hat on and the scores showed it. First place was 3.908"😂😂 and it wasn't me, I had a,4.121" for second place.

Everything else has been cancelled. We are planning to have our first table shoot here in Kentucky on the 23rd .Governor is going to allow us to gather outside in small groups by then.

Stay healthy and hopefully as the states start opening back up we will get to shoot some and have something to talk about.

Carl

Last edited by cking (5/14/2020 6:37 AM)

5/15/2020 6:33 AM  #3

Hello Big John! About the same here in West-Central MO. everything has been pretty quiet. NO match shooting has been going on at Ft. Osage but the club has been open to members to shoot as they wish,  we are planning on getting the State Championship Matches going the 11th to the 14th of June. Hopefully get the club back to the new normal whatever that will be!

RB

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

5/15/2020 7:08 AM  #4

Pretty much the same around Eastern Kansas. The club range has been open so I got a little shooting in. Mostly writing an couple articles for Lee Shaver and The Single Shot Exchange.  Was over to Lee's Wednesday he said that he will be working on the Gardner in the near future.
John I hope to see you at one of your table matches soon.
Also will put the Mo. State Match on my calendar.
Schuetzen

5/16/2020 11:39 PM  #5

Greetings! … I sure was glad to hear that the state matches had been moved. Almost all the shooters in the past couple of years came from the western part of the state. Maybe this will pick up some participation hopefully.
Are you also holding a table match at this time Richard? David said that the shotgun matches were going well but the rifle shooting was way low the past couple of years. I can remember when the rifle shooters numbered up in the 80's way back when!

Schuetzen … I need to subscribe to the SSE but just haven't done it. Next time you see Lee tell him Big John said hi!

Our club has suspended all organized shooting matches but the range remained open for individuals and their families to shoot. We had a banquet/fundraiser in March just before everything was shut down and raised enough money to pay off the mortgage on the place. We paid it off in three years which was incredible from my stand point. It now belongs to the members themselves.

As things open up slowly maybe things will begin to improve. At least the traffic is picking up considerable around here!
Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

5/17/2020 6:43 AM  #6

The State Championship matches are the same date as they have always been for the last fifty some years or so. 

The table Matches have completely died the last two times that I tried to hold one nobody even bothered to show up. 

People around these parts just don't seem to have any interest in accurate rifle shooting anymore, somewhat astounding to me! I have questioned some about would they like to shoot better? Would you like to make your rifle shoot better? Most respond "shoots good enough for me" it is what it is I guess, sad!

RB

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

Board footera