MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/31/2020 11:23 PM  #1

Been awful quiet!

Yes sir, it's been awful quiet around here for awhile.
Looks like February is coming in like a lamb for the first couple of days! 65 deg. on Sunday then 33 deg. for the high next Wednesday. The next couple of weeks temperatures near 40 most of the time.
Looks like a great time to get a little shootn' in!
Shoot a few for me!

Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

2/01/2020 3:53 PM  #2

Re: Been awful quiet!

I'll second that. I was out shooting cast bullets today. Just got my  flintlock back with new sights so I need to get it to the range next time.
Det
Arma, Kansas

2/12/2020 3:09 AM  #3

Well … it looks like another round of winter headed this way. It was 60 degrees week ago Sunday then in the 30/40 degree range since then. 
Now they're calling for rain then turning to 1 to 3 inches of snow starting in the morning (Wednesday) then back to rain for a spell then back to snow and getting possibility of a couple more inches of snow!!Temperatures back in the 50's Saturday and Sunday!
I sure wish it would make up it's mind to be winter or spring! 
I'll vote for spring!!

Big John

Will Rogers

2/12/2020 11:05 AM  #4

Won’t be long before the Table Shoots start again!

2/13/2020 1:00 AM  #5

Tony N wrote:

Won’t be long before the Table Shoots start again!

Yep! Give it a few weeks and the smoke will be blowing!

The shooters down at Charlie's Old Farm here in Missouri are some tough shooters. There shooting doesn't start until Oct/Nov and they shoot all winter except for holidays that fall on the Sunday and during deer season when most are in the woods or the roads are impassable with ice.
This past fall their shooting was shut down by a new neighbor that complained. They had to build dirt berms and are now back to shooting each Sunday.
I belong to their Facebook Group and will send them a donation to off set the expenses of the work they had to do. I used to shoot there several years ago. Meat board goes up at 2pm sharp. They give back several places depending on how many shooters. 2 shots to sight in then 3 shots for score. Their shooting off a bench at a 1" circle (worth 13 points) in the middle of a 3" circle fastened on a stump with a sheet rock nail at 60yrds. They have circles each 1/2" out to 5 points but just to 10 points on the white card. All you see is the white 3" circle on black tar paper covering the stump. Winning scores are almost always 36 or above out of a 39 possible points. These guys get serious! They've shooting at this particular farm since the 1960's and go back a lot farther than that. 
Chime in here Paul if I'm leaving out anything or stating facts wrong. I'm a long way from being perfect, just ask my wife!!

You fellows get ready! After this cold snap from now to Friday (temps down to 1 degree on Thursday night and Friday morning) then a warming spell for awhile. It will be a good time to get all your equipment ready!

My wife tells me I'm long winded. I just proved it to her again!

Big John

Will Rogers

2/13/2020 8:15 AM  #6

John thanks for the information on the shooting at the farm. Last I heard was when they were shutdown. I will try to get over from  Arma to some of their shoots.
Det

Board footera