MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/10/2019 4:10 PM  #1

Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. November 9

As always, thanks to everybody that came to shoot with us.  We had shooters from Ohio, West Virginia and Kentucky.  The weather was cold but beautiful, bearable with a pot of coffee and a burn barrel.  We were happy to have see new faces: Frank G. came in from Fort Knox (he's an excellent offhand shooter), Bob H. rode down with Steve L. from Columbus area, and Will E. from Xenia (where he's already a really good chunk shooter).  

Steve's wife Carolyn made the food and it was excellent as usual:  a pot of taco soup, a pot of white beans, cornmuffins, all the fixings, plus dessert, which was supplemented by Sterling's magic brownies and Gails famous banana pudding.  Steve B. ran the match and helped score; I scored and entered.  We had some tough targets due to the number of X's cut!

11 shooters participated and the top five strings were:
Bob G. 2.447
Bo C.  2.602
Will E.  3.433
Steve L.  3.727
Sterling M. 3.752

Bob G. continued what has been a remarkable series of wins this year at Bryan Station, posting 5 first places, a second and a third in this match: He didn't place highly in only 3 matches.  He had lots of spiders and his worst "flyer" was just over half an inch!  Bo C. shot very well also after his comeback from hip surgery earlier this year, and he didn't let Bobby rest easy.  Will E. finished third with a 3.433 string, a pretty good first time string at Bryan Station!  I think he's going to be a serious contender next year.  This was not an easy match -- the composite string of the best X from each relay was just 0.952, which is only the second composite string I remember under 1"...

Bo C turned in the best X at .014" for the Silver Eagle.

Jeanette H. claimed the victory on the 50 yard Pot Shot.

We also awarded the year-end prizes for best shooting and best of the best X's.  The three best shooters as determined by the sum of their 3 shortest strings were:
Bob G.  7.2295
Bo C.  8.49
Bill D. 8.728

Bob won the knife made by Bo C., Bo won the horn donated by Archie, and Bill won the hearing protector headset donated by Jeanette.

Bo also won the double silver eagle for the best X of the year 0.014", which incidentally was shot in this match. 

It has been a great year, and we hope everyone has enjoyed the matches as much as we have enjoyed holding them.  We'll take a winter break and get back to it next spring, I hope!

Comments and criticism welcome. 

Last edited by barton (10/13/2019 2:40 PM)

Last edited by barton (11/10/2019 4:12 PM)

11/22/2019 8:10 PM  #2

Re: Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. November 9

To all of the gang at Bryan Station,

Thank you for another great year of table shoots. It's always a good time, fine food and great competition.

Truly looking forward to next year
so I better get busy moulding round balls, cutting strips of patching,gathering up some powder and some percussion caps and hopefully getting in a little practice over the winter.

Winter well,

Carl

Board footera