MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/03/2019 10:02 PM  #1

Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. August 3

As always, thanks to everybody that came to shoot with us.  We had shooters from Ohio, West Virginia and Kentucky.  The weather was pretty nice, maybe getting hot near the end, but there was a more or less constant breeze and the light came in and out at times, providing a little challenge.

Carolyn fed us well as always, brats and dogs, with beans, her famous slaw, macaroni and cheese, chips and assorted fixings (I liked the horseradish mustard).  Dessert was not forgotten, either, and Sterling supplemented it with his remarkable homemade brownies.  Steve shot (he often doesn't get the chance at our shoots) and helped run match, and I scored and kept things running at a leisurely pace .

9 shooters participated and the top five strings were:
Bob G 2.3785
Don R. 3.1980
Sterling M 3.7290
Jeanette H 3.9460
Archie H 4.2320

Bobby G. showed off a little, with the shortest string, five first places, two seconds and a third.  Don, Sterling, and the rest actually kept him guessing more than some of the strings might suggest, as there were some close shots by all, but the conditions led to a few shots going wider than normal for most, esp. at the beginning and end of the match.

Bobby also turned the best X at .0275" for the silver dollar, beating the second best X at .0280, also shot by Bobby...there was a definite pattern today.

Sterling M. won the 50 yard pot-shot. I'm not usually paying attention at that time, but there must have been some good, close ones, because I remember calls to measure them.  Update: Sterling's shot was just shy of a rubber -- that's a great shot at 50 yards with only 1 sighter...but Sterling has done this before a few times .

As always, comments and criticism welcome. 

Last edited by barton (8/04/2019 10:59 PM)

8/06/2019 10:40 AM  #2

Re: Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. August 3

Barton,

Thanks for another great table shoot. The food was great, the competition was superb and a good time was had by all.

We who come to shoot truly appreciate all you and your group do to make us feel welcome and enjoy a great table shoot.

Carl

Board footera