MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/18/2019 4:59 PM  #1

Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. May 18

As always, thanks to everybody that came to shoot with us.  We had shooters from Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia and Kentucky.  There wasn't much in the weather to complain about, maybe just a tad breezy and hot, but that seemed to suit most better than cold and rainy!

Carolyn fed us all well with fried chicken, slaw (my favorite), potato salald and assorted other fixings and deserts.  I was told Gail also brought her famous banana pudding as well, but I was too late to get any, it seems.  Steve ran the  match and scored (thanks, buddy!), while I scored and entered. 

10 Shooters participated and strings were:
Bobby G. 2.8630
Bo C. 2.8930
David K. 2.9150
Carl K. 3.1340
Bill D. 3.4970
Sterling M. 3.6560
Archie H. 3.8120
Don R. 3.8350
Dave C. 4.4830
Ken H. 6.3090

It wasn't quite as tight a match as last time, but it was pretty hotly contested at that.  8 of the 10 shooters were under 4.0", and 8 of the ten winning X's were under 0.2".  Most of the first three match places were won by spiders or rubbers.  No one shot poorly, in fact.  Bobby G., however, kept up his reputation as a table match machine for the win.

Bobby G.. also won the Silver Eagle for Best X with an really nice 0.0150" in match 6.  Those are difficult to measure, and if I counted correctly, there were 7 X's under 0.1", three in match 6 alone...

The 50 yard pot-shot was won by Bill D. whose shot was the best of a handful that were all within 0.1" of each other.

As always, comments and criticism welcome.  

5/19/2019 11:12 AM  #2

Re: Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. May 18

Barton,

Thanks to all of the Bryan Station group for a great shoot and to the ladies that provided a really nice meal with some very good desserts.

You and Steve Brown are truly appreciated for making the shoot a  really nice event.

The pressure was on for all of the match to shoot well as everybody was trying hard to win that "Archie" dollar. 

Great food, great friends, great competitors.

Carl

Board footera